• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolverine_173

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2014
    I recently picked up some Military Surplus gear that I am really impressed with and its fairly inexpensive so I thought I would share.

USMC

German Flectarn Parka

Austrian Parka

Last edited:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Might need that in North Texas...have no need for that gear in South Texas....

Looks like quality stuff though...

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Military gear is heavy, obsolete by the time it hits the front line units, and usually unsuitable for the environment it is sent to.

That is why it becomes surplus.

kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    Cool website. I've never heard of them but they seem to have cool stuff at reasonable prices. I am always buying surplus gear since it is low price and works just great. Thanks

wolverine_173

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2014
    Cool website. I've never heard of them but they seem to have cool stuff at reasonable prices. I am always buying surplus gear since it is low price and works just great. Thanks

yeah, I never bought it til now because all the good prices are online but I never know what size to get. I usually wear a large but the foreign military surplus seems to be small so XL works best for me.

I did the video to see if i could help others determine a good size to order so they dont waste money

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Military gear is heavy, obsolete by the time it hits the front line units, and usually unsuitable for the environment it is sent to.

That is why it becomes surplus.
    Sometimes, not always. I have a couple of those German gortex (or whatever their equivalent is) parka shells. Got them for $35 each. Good luck getting a gortex shell for cheaper. They are definitely not obsolete. Also got a killer good deal on some of the current boots the Marines use. Waaaaay better than the standard combat boots that I'm used to, and a lot cheaper than anything of similar quality at a sporting goods store. They were really factory seconds tho, not true surplus.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Great, marine seconds are better that standard issue for the other branches.

Spoilt little...<grumbling>

[intent level-1]

wolverine_173

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2014
    I use the flecktarn parka for many of my hunts and will use the austrian parka for cold weather hunting or keep in the trunk of my car for winter.

the reason i made the videos is because its hard to know what size you need to order. So I hope it helps

Top Bottom