• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Hello,
    I hope that I am in the right place? I am not from Texas but my heart says I should be. I am fiercely independent, conservative and a staunch American Patriot. 12 years active duty in the US Navy a long time ago. An avid collector of American Arms of historic and military issues. I have been at the collecting and study of these for well into five decades. I am a gunsmith specializing in care and repair of Antique and Historic Arms for Museums, institutions and private collections. I am the Firearms & Weapons Conservator to The Oshkosh Public Museum in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. With reference to other establishments. It's all fun and my way of giving back to American Heritage.
    Thanks for listening.... Regards, John
    ARJ Defense ad

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello,
    I hope that I am in the right place? I am not from Texas but my heart says I should be. I am fiercely independent, conservative and a staunch American Patriot. 12 years active duty in the US Navy a long time ago. An avid collector of American Arms of historic and military issues. I have been at the collecting and study of these for well into five decades. I am a gunsmith specializing in care and repair of Antique and Historic Arms for Museums, institutions and private collections. I am the Firearms & Weapons Conservator to The Oshkosh Public Museum in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. With reference to other establishments. It's all fun and my way of giving back to American Heritage.
    Thanks for listening.... Regards, John

Welcome ! I, too, no longer live in Texas, but that great State has my sympathies & support. Please feel free to comment. Damn the insults; full speed ahead !

leVieux

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Welcome to TGT.

Post some pictures of the firearms that you get to care for.

I will take that under advisement. I am a bit wary of posting pictures of my personal collections or of before and after recoveries I have done. I get some unlikely push-back and commentary when I have in the past. I have been banned from another forum for posting actual pictures of my personal collections, Accused of being a fraudulent poster and liar by senior members that rule that forum. If I decide to post any pictures, i guarantee the pictures I show are actual pictures of my personal property. If they are of pieces that I have done for clients I will recognize them in the attachment as not my property. I have been an avid student of historic arms and teach courses on the collecting and management of historic antique weapons. So please bear with me as I am just a little passionate about my obsession. I am a hopeless collecting addict. I aam here to help anyone I can and share what I have learned over the past fifty plus years.
    Regards, John

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I will take that under advisement. I am a bit wary of posting pictures of my personal collections or of before and after recoveries I have done. I get some unlikely push-back and commentary when I have in the past. I have been banned from another forum for posting actual pictures of my personal collections, Accused of being a fraudulent poster and liar by senior members that rule that forum. If I decide to post any pictures, i guarantee the pictures I show are actual pictures of my personal property. If they are of pieces that I have done for clients I will recognize them in the attachment as not my property. I have been an avid student of historic arms and teach courses on the collecting and management of historic antique weapons. So please bear with me as I am just a little passionate about my obsession. I am a hopeless collecting addict. I aam here to help anyone I can and share what I have learned over the past fifty plus years.
    Regards, John
    Well we look forward to seeing anything you would like to share, whether it be pictures or education. I personally enjoy both.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Welcome. We have entire threads for the purpose of posting pictures of firearms. Any you post will probably be met with enthusiasm, unless it's a Hi Point.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Regards, John

I am another "Old Guy", very highly educated ( five + years post-doctorate), University Prof, etc. I too have been called liar & imposter when speaking in my area of expertise.

"Don't let the bastards grind you down!"

leVieux

Top Bottom