Patriot Mobile

I'm old enough to remember the Luby shootings.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hill Billy

USN 1974 -1977
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2018
    Colorado
    Although I was in Colorado at the time, it made national news. My question is: Anyone in here from Texas that was old enough to remember that horrible day?
    Venture Surplus ad

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I was in California at the time (I know, I'm SORRY, and I got here as soon as I could), I remember it very well.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Was a senior in college and beertender at East Gate lounge in College Station, Texas when Charles Whitman climbed to the top of the University of Texas Tower, so yes.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Although I was in Colorado at the time, it made national news. My question is: Anyone in here from Texas that was old enough to remember that horrible day?

Yes. Student at Pflugerville High School. Played Killeen High in Killeen shortly afterwards as the game for that week was rescheduled.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I'm old enough to remember them, but having lived on a different continent at the time, the first time I heard of it was when reading Unintended Consequences, I believe.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Yep. I'm with what JRB said. Leave the house, even if I'm in the drive through at Whataburger, I'm packing. You never know when some idiot is going to lose their mind.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Am an old guy who was in the area when that happened.

Remember a national tv interviewer talking with a gal who lost her parents. The interviewer asked if the gal would like to see guns banned. The gal said "No. I wish I had been able to have my revolver in my purse. If I had my revolver, my parents would still be alive."

The interviewer cut away immediately. Did not get the answer they expected or wanted.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Remember a national tv interviewer talking with a gal who lost her parents. The interviewer asked if the gal would like to see guns banned. The gal said "No. I wish I had been able to have my revolver in my purse. If I had my revolver, my parents would still be alive."

Suzanne Hupp.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    One of my city councilmen had a front row seat as the truck stopped just next to his table, the shooter killed his best friend, shot him in the back, and right as the shooter was straddling him and had a gun up to his head - the police came in and distracted the shooter, saving his life.

The councilman is a pastor at a local church.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom