ARJ Defense ad

If you wondered why you're getting a TX DL renewal notice already...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Got mine in Jan 2018, has a star.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I got a letter the other day but mine expires in February so I’d didn’t think it was out of the ordinary. Would love to renew online but need to further research how to add veteran without going to the office. Did a little looking around today but will look into further this week.

As an aside, bought a necklace for one of my daughters at James Avery this week and they give a 10% veteran/mil discount. Young lady completing my purchase said DL with veteran would suffice as evidence.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I got a letter the other day but mine expires in February so I’d didn’t think it was out of the ordinary. Would love to renew online but need to further research how to add veteran without going to the office. Did a little looking around today but will look into further this week.

As an aside, bought a necklace for one of my daughters at James Avery this week and they give a 10% veteran/mil discount. Young lady completing my purchase said DL with veteran would suffice as evidence.
    Good folks there! We've been living about 1/4 mile from the Avery "factory" here in N. Kerr County for 30 yrs. My wife and daughters have literally boxes of stuff from them!

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Good folks there! We've been living about 1/4 mile from the Avery "factory" here in N. Kerr County for 30 yrs. My wife and daughters have literally boxes of stuff from them!

Too nice. I wish they would piss my wife off. On the DL, no star, expires in 2022. I got it when I was 14, no hardship, just regular license.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    What is required to get the veteran designation? DD214?
    When I went to change my address after my move, the lady asked me if I wanted my license to say veteran. I said sure but I didn’t have any documentation with me. She said it wasn’t necessary because it was already in the system. I did send my DD-214 in when I applied for my CHL because it was much cheaper, so I guess they just put it into the whole system.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I have the veteran designation on my TLC, so should be no problem to get it on the DL.

Still have to bring the DD214 to the DL office. I had the veteran stamp on my CHL first. When I found out about the DL option, showing them the CHL wasn't good enough. I had to make a return trip with the DD214 and show it to them.

And as long as you're making the trip, why not stop by your local county tax office and pick up some license plates with your branch designation on them? Be sure to bring in the old inspection sticker as you've got to turn that in to get the new plates and sticker. Seems like the upgrade cost is only around $6 if you're not renewing anyway at the time.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    And as long as you're making the trip, why not stop by your local county tax office and pick up some license plates with your branch designation on them? Be sure to bring in the old inspection sticker as you've got to turn that in to get the new plates and sticker. Seems like the upgrade cost is only around $6 if you're not renewing anyway at the time.
    To clarify, you mean the old license registration sticker, right?

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    When I went to change my address after my move, the lady asked me if I wanted my license to say veteran. I said sure but I didn’t have any documentation with me. She said it wasn’t necessary because it was already in the system. I did send my DD-214 in when I applied for my CHL because it was much cheaper, so I guess they just put it into the whole system.
    Mine was submitted for a military license plate. Wonder if those systems communicate with each other?

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    To clarify, you mean the old license registration sticker, right?

Yes. The stickers have the license plate printed on them. If you get new plates, you get a new sticker. They just want you to turn in your old sticker. Not a big deal if you're driving that vehicle and it's out in the parking lot anyway.

I was in my work truck when I did mine, and had to make a return trip because I didn't bring the old sticker with me.

Top Bottom