Venture Surplus ad

I wonder if panhandling pays better then gofundme?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I wonder if panhandling pays better then gofundme?

• Sure as at least you are out there & pander to more people.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Not a chance in hell gofundme is the future!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I don't give to street corner hustlers at all. If you're strong enough to stand outside, all day, in SE Texas, you're easily strong enough to hold down the job in the air conditioned street corner convenience store with the HELP WANTED sign.
    Texas SOT

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    It all depends on if you have a story that can go viral. Gofundme is the homerun, swing for the fences thing if you can get it to go viral. .

Like this guy? :laughing: (i'm not going to link to his actual page, but it's currently active. 0 donations)

Some people like to drink, some like to smoke, I just love to be at the shooting range...donations for ammo = more ammo = more range time = more happiness.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Actually one time I did give to a panhandler at a gas station. One of them 100 + days in Texas and a guy walked up and politely asked for money to buy a beer because of the heat. Said he wasn't going to BS about food, he wanted a beer. I bought him a six pack.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    *yawn* eh?

So you of the gullible set see that response by our in house beggar?

This is what he really thinks when anecdotes regarding beggars past are posted, because it casts a truthful shadow he's trying to stay out of.....

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Pan handling pays better and you get to work your own hours and can work loaded.

Just like telemarketers. It only happens because fools give them money.

I don't give to street corner hustlers at all. If you're strong enough to stand outside, all day, in SE Texas, you're easily strong enough to hold down the job in the air conditioned street corner convenience store with the HELP WANTED sign.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Yep, hungry...........for your moola.

Staying on the internet instead of going to the food bank or looking for work though, nah, not hungry for 'that' ugh, heaven forbid one gets up off their olde derriere and do something to 'earn'......

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have my own mouths to feed. My job is to take care of my wife and kids.

I have bought food for folks. I would never turn down someone who is hungry or needs a drink. Saw a homeless guy get turned down in front of me for being 90 cents short at arbys. I was next in line, ordered my food and what he wanted. He was very grateful when I dropped it off to him outside. We have a homeless/crazy dude here in Snyder... he was sitting outside of United last Christmas. I asked him if he wanted a sandwich and beer. He said "yeah" I said "stay here and I'll be back." Had the deli make him a hot sandwich and bought him a 40oz. Came outside and he was gone. Crazy sucker.

Found $20 the other day laying on the ground. I stuck it in my pocket. 3 days later ran into a homeless guy in Big Spring selling a Big bottle of Crown Royal for $20 bucks. I asked him "is it open?" he said "yeah, but I don't drink.... some guy in a big lifted truck just stopped and gave it to me." I said "nah man, i'm good." he then asked "well can you help me get some food or money? I'm hungry." I pulled out my wallet and gave him that $20 I found. Clearly he needed it more than me.

I like helping folks. But I will not help their habit.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Actually one time I did give to a panhandler at a gas station. One of them 100 + days in Texas and a guy walked up and politely asked for money to buy a beer because of the heat. Said he wasn't going to BS about food, he wanted a beer. I bought him a six pack.
    I'm good with that too. I'd buy anyone a beer in a heart beat.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I have many times been standing in line at a store and seen someone short at the register and handed the cashier what was needed to pay it off. Of course I also didn't want to have to wait while they figure what to put back. That isn't really panhandling though, that's just to get I smile from someone while I'm thinking "get the hell out of my way".

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009

I've done something similar except I didn't consider him a panhandler. I stopped at a beer store on the way home on one of those 100 plus days after work. As I got in the truck a guy approached and asked for some money. Said his girlfriend had their car so she dropped him off at work in the morning and went back home. She got off 2 hours later than he did, so he just had to sit and wait for her to finish work. He said he just wanted to buy some beer, sit in the shade and pass the time until she came for him.

You could tell by the clothes and sweat stains that he had been working. I gave him some money for beer for the honesty.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom