• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The wife's niece & nephew are coming in November for a visit. My in laws are going to hold a service for my wife. Little do they know that the ashes the wife's cousin gave them are not really any of my wife's. I guess the bought a tombstone with the wife name & dates on it. Not sure if they are opening the ground or not.

The niece & nephew are foodies, so I figured I make some bacon to let them taste real bacon made real easy.

So the next 7 days the pork belly gets rubbed on & flipped over daily. Then it takes a bath to sit uncovered in the fridge for a day or two then smoked. The cure is black pepper & maple. I think I use oak for smoke unless I get some cured hickory from my friend Ralph.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The wife's niece & nephew are coming in November for a visit. My in laws are going to hold a service for my wife. Little do they know that the ashes the wife's cousin gave them are not really any of my wife's. I guess the bought a tombstone with the wife name & dates on it. Not sure if they are opening the ground or not.

The niece & nephew are foodies, so I figured I make some bacon to let them taste real bacon made real easy.

So the next 7 days the pork belly gets rubbed on & flipped over daily. Then it takes a bath to sit uncovered in the fridge for a day or two then smoked. The cure is black pepper & maple. I think I use oak for smoke unless I get some cured hickory from my friend Ralph.
    i got plenty of oak if you need some!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    IMG_1343.jpeg

Nothing like spending a lazy Sunday morning watching the Kamado smoke & the dog hunting squirrelkong inside his perimeter.

Even better is when you pull off the slab of freshly cured & smoked bacon. Y’all know how good bacon cooking smells, this 6 pounds of bacon blows it away.

I tell you when I gift some bacon to a friend it as enjoyable as shooting or watching someone shoot the MP5k.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Looks tasty!

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    Once you eat a nice thick knife cut slice of this(especially as a garnish in a bloody marry)the best store bought bacon become really pretty shitty.

To make this bacon even better was I bought the pork belly when it was marked down. And it's so easy to make. Mix up the cure, coat the pork belly, flip it over daily for 7 days, wash off the cure &place n the fridge uncover on a rack so the under side gets air too.for a day or twit develop the pellicle. Slow smoke with your favorite wood until 155 degrees.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Baboon, if you will one more time tell your cure so I can write it down and try to make some of that delicious looking bacon like you have.

Top Bottom