• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    The guy said he doesn't do barrel work anymore so I shouldnt "tell everyone on a forum" because he agreed to do mine.

He's a part time gunsmith with another full time job. I respect him enough to not share his info if he doesn't want the extra work.
    well now........that's not odd at all. Look forward to the report

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    The wife and I hit the range to zero the 10/22 after the bolt and barrel work. The groupings started at 2" high and 2" right at 50 yards. Ammo used was cci standard velocity out of a bx-25 and bx-10.

My wife is a better bench shooter than me. I don't have patience like she does. This was her first time shooting with a bench rest and she listened to my instructions and her groupings made mine look embarrassing.
    View attachment 33377
    She swore to me that she was aiming at the center of the bullseye. So I made the adjustments and I tried. My 2 shots had a .5" group. She tried it after me.
    View attachment 33378
    Hers touched.

My bolt and barrel work review:
    this 10/22 is 2" shorter overall. It's balanced great. The factory barrel section is noticeably heavier than the receiver and stock section. This evens it out some but the barrel is definitely the heaviest part of this rifle. The thread job looks very clean and I've tried different thread protectors and they thread on just fine with no grit. There were zero malfunctions. The bolt slides smoother and quieter in the receiver than before and it is noticeble.

I would do this to my next 10/22 without question.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I also handled a warlock at the sharp shooter yesterday.

It feels like a legend or a soon to be addiction. It's light. The guy behind the counter said its just as quiet as the spectre 2. I might just get one next month.

Let me know what yall think about the silencerco warlock.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I also handled a warlock at the sharp shooter yesterday.

It feels like a legend or a soon to be addiction. It's light. The guy behind the counter said its just as quiet as the spectre 2. I might just get one next month.

Let me know what yall think about the silencerco warlock.

Shot the Spectre II, Warlock (I believe) and Sparrow a lot a couple of weeks ago. 22/45 and on a AR 22LR type.

Im invested in the Spectre II so let me state that for bias.

To the ear...they were all very quiet especially with subsonic ammo. The dreaded first round pop on the sparrow wasnt terrible. Im not saying sound meter data is wrong and I was either shooting the gun or within a few yards. Someone in a different bay may have heard things differently.

The Warlock II is about half the weight of the Spectre II. If a guy wants lightweight the Warlock II is superior. It depends on what you are trying to do. The Spectre II made the 22/45 lite feel very front heavy compared to the Warlock.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Shot the Spectre II, Warlock (I believe) and Sparrow a lot a couple of weeks ago. 22/45 and on a AR 22LR type.

Im invested in the Spectre II so let me state that for bias.

To the ear...they were all very quiet especially with subsonic ammo. The dreaded first round pop on the sparrow wasnt terrible. Im not saying sound meter data is wrong and I was either shooting the gun or within a few yards. Someone in a different bay may have heard things differently.

The Warlock II is about half the weight of the Spectre II. If a guy wants lightweight the Warlock II is superior. It depends on what you are trying to do. The Spectre II made the 22/45 lite feel very front heavy compared to the Warlock.
    Thanks. I noticed the looks and weight first. It's hard to beat it there. I bought a spectre 2. Should I get a warlock also?

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    On Thursday 6/18/15 I was called from my local shop to pick up my suppressor. I drove down and filled out the form and took it to the range.

Range report- I tried my spectre ii on a p22 with the 3.something barrel, 22/45 lite, and 10/22 takedown that I had threaded. I've tried it 4 days in a row with cci ar tactical .22, cci standard velocity, cci quiet .22, cci mini mags, aguila super extra copper coated high velocity, and Aguila super colibri. The worst ammo was the aguila with the super colibris being the second quietest compared to cci quiet .22 but ran the dirtiest and I had them stick in the p22 chamber every damn time. Aguila is terrible 22 ammo. I hate it. I had 1 round, the last round in a bx-25 explode in the chamber. I kept the brass and bullet that was the only squib I've ever had.

Cci is the best .22lr ammo IMO. I DONT HAVE A BAD THING TO SAY ABOUT THEM. The Quiet .22 was the quietest but would not cycle the bolt. Inside the p22 they would eject but not feed the next round. The next quietest was the standard velocity. It was very quiet and overall the most fun in all the guns. They all cycled and were insanely quiet. The AR Tactical .22 was a little bit louder and was supersonic in the 10/22 but not the others. I'd reccomend it's use it for hunting. Still quiet In the pistols but not as quiet as the standard velocity in the 10/22. Mini mags were very hearing safe but louder in all the guns tested.

The spectre ii was cleaned using a ultrasonic cleaner from harbor freight and their powdered cleaner. I used the pint sized one. It was cheap and it works. I oiled it with clp and a paper towel before putting the pieces back together.

I hope youve enjoyed this thread. The spectre ii is a great suppressor. Silencer Shop has great products to help you get a suppressor. I used their trust with no problems. Now my mom, dad, friends, wife and myself have all enjoyed my rim fires with the new suppressor. Shooting is safer and more fun.

Feel free to to ask me any questions.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    100% heartfelt congratulations on the fruition of your journey. This has been a great informational thread. The Spectre 2 is an awesome can, you will love it.

Top Bottom