image.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    The hare is faster than the tortoise, therefore the hare takes a bit more skill, better target practice.

You’ve never seen my tortoise go after a night crawler. He is supringly fast. And the little rascal can climb a chain link fence.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    We’re talking about turtles, not tortoises. Nobody likes tortoises.

My tortoise would say you’re wrong. He’s family :)

Seriously though, I still can’t believe he was shot by a dove hunter. Pretty low thing to do.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My tortoise would say you’re wrong. He’s family :)

Seriously though, I still can’t believe he was shot by a dove hunter. Pretty low thing to do.

He wasn’t a water dweller. Tell a turtle he’s kin to them land dwellers and your liable to lose a finger, or some other dangly bits within reach.

Turtles are assholes.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Wow. What did the hunter shoot him out of?

We were all sitting around in lawn chairs along a tree line facing a plowed field when a guest of one of the other hunters abruptly raised his shotgun and shot roughly 50 yards down the tree line from where we were sitting. We thought it was a bird on a the ground that must have slipped by and he responded it was a turtle. Incredulous, me and a couple other hunters walked down where he shot and found what he was shooting at. An Ornate Box Tortoise. He was limp in his shell which was cracked and oozing blood but he was still alive. Eye was put out with pellet wounds in his legs and neck. I patched his shell not thinking he would survive but he did.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Personally, the minute I see someone pull a gun out even if it's just to brandish it, I take that as a deadly threat. If he turns and walks away then I may just let him go, but it would be hard to not want to stop the guy because no one knows what his next move would be. Is he going to commit another similar crime? Is he going to use that phone to aid him in it? No one knows. If I can stop the guy, then I will. Showing a gun from a normal situation is automatically a crime. If I see a gun and it's not at a gun store or at a range or at a trusted friend or family members house, then I take it as "This person could possibly use this gun to hurt me" and I will do whatever I can to stop the crime being committed and any crime that could be committed afterward.
    Da fuq?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom