• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Personally, the minute I see someone pull a gun out even if it's just to brandish it, I take that as a deadly threat. If he turns and walks away then I may just let him go, but it would be hard to not want to stop the guy because no one knows what his next move would be. Is he going to commit another similar crime? Is he going to use that phone to aid him in it? No one knows. If I can stop the guy, then I will. Showing a gun from a normal situation is automatically a crime. If I see a gun and it's not at a gun store or at a range or at a trusted friend or family members house, then I take it as "This person could possibly use this gun to hurt me" and I will do whatever I can to stop the crime being committed and any crime that could be committed afterward.
    OK, I'll bite. All the above portions quoted and that I changed to red ..... are completely wrong, In my opinion.
    Hurley's Gold

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Personally, the minute I see someone pull a gun out even if it's just to brandish it, I take that as a deadly threat. If he turns and walks away then I may just let him go, but it would be hard to not want to stop the guy because no one knows what his next move would be.

How does that work out at the gun store? Or the range?

PrymeTyme37

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2019
    San Antonio
    How does that work out at the gun store? Or the range?

I was saying if I see someone showing me a gun at the gun store, then it wouldn't be someone trying to kill me. It's more than likely a store employee showing me a gun they have in stock or something. At the range it could be a friend or family member showing me the gun they brought to shoot. But, if someone out in public that I have never met before just out of nowhere shows a gun, my initial thought will be "Threat"

PrymeTyme37

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2019
    San Antonio
    Of course he can, unless you don’t believe he can have an opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never said he couldn't have an opinion. But if someone were to say "I don't like pineapples. They do not taste good to me.", you can't come out say "You are wrong!" You can have your own opinion and say "Well I disagree. I love pineapples." That is completely different than saying "You are completely wrong!" It makes no sense to tell someone that they are wrong about the way they feel. I apologize if there was any confusion.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Never said he couldn't have an opinion. But if someone were to say "I don't like pineapples. They do not taste good to me.", you can't come out say "You are wrong!" You can have your own opinion and say "Well I disagree. I love pineapples." That is completely different than saying "You are completely wrong!" It makes no sense to tell someone that they are wrong about the way they feel. I apologize if there was any confusion.
    What if their opinion is that people are made of cotton, or that the earth is flat?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

You said:

Showing a gun from a normal situation is automatically a crime

That alone makes his claim that you are wrong valid and correct.

You say you took notes in your LTC class? You probably did and got poor information. There are a lot of instructors out there who pass on bad info to their students. Mine claimed The motorist protection act didn’t allow me to carry in a vehicle I didn’t own so it’s understandable if you were given false information by someone who you should be able to trust.

The issue many have here with your statement is that it paints with an extremely broad brush. The number of variables that could be applied to what you posted are nearly infinite making it very easy to look at the post and come up with numerous situations in which you may see someone as a threat but would have absolutely no legal reason to take any kind of action against them. And more situations where taking action could land you in a very bad situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

I love pineapples. They have a chemical that breaks down fat molecules. It also is a pre-biotic, which feeds probiotics. So it enhances digestion. And they are pretty tasty.

Top Bottom