• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iehooligan11b

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    Currently: afghanistan
    I was wondering if I need to take a HSC here in Texas before I can hunt? I have a HSC from California where I am from, but am stationed here in the Army. I have my hunting/fishing license that I picked up on post, since active duty gets them for free here in Texas(thanks Texas) but do I need to take the course as well before I am able to hunt here, or am I good to go since I already have the license?
    Gun Zone Deals

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    I'd call Texas Parks and Wildlife to see if that commie HSC will transfer or be recognized here. I think the deferral dbgun is referring is only like $10 last time i checked but hey if TPW will recognize it that's ten bucks you can spend on beer.... Good hunting!

iehooligan11b

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    Currently: afghanistan
    Thanks... found exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for all the answers guys
    [h=3]I took Hunter Education in another state. Do I still need to take the Texas course?[/h] No, Texas recognizes Hunter Education certificates from all other states. You will need to carry a proof of that certification on your person while hunting in Texas. We cannot duplicate Hunter Education certification from other states and provinces, you will need to contact the agency that regulates Hunter Education in that state.

Top Bottom