• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Back in the 70s the NFL would not air football games on local channels unless the games were sold out at the stadiums. We lived in a Suburb of Dalls and we had to watch those Cowboys. Dad had a 30' mast with a electric rotor and an antenna that could be turned to pick up the signal from Tyler, about 90 miles away.

Where there's a will, there's a way
    Gun Zone Deals

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I have bought several of the listed antennas. Down to 2 at the moment. They look cheap and cheesy. Cheap also. BUT I have one mounted abt 7' up on a leg of my RV port pointing at Cedar Hill (DFW stations) thru my neighbors house and I get all of DFW's digital stations. 53 mi away. Off the back side (no turning) I get several of Tylers stations. 47mi. Go figure. I use it for my rv (man cave).

https://www.amazon.com/Vansky-Outdo...l+tv+antennas&qid=1561726186&s=gateway&sr=8-3

flyrod40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2016
    A couple of suggestions, and I apologize, I did not read all the comments so people may have already made these suggestions. Get a signal amplifier for the antenna. I get my antenna products from Solid Signal https://www.solidsignal.com/ They have good stuff and it is reasonably priced.

Next, get a Chrome Cast device from Walmart or online. They are about $40. However, if you have a newer smart TV it is probably sort of built in. The Chrome Cast is easy to set up. It plugs into an HDMI port and makes your TV a smart TV. Then you can cast all kinds of shows and pictures from your phone to the TV. For example, I enjoy history so I regularly watch videos about WWII found on Youtube. Instead of watching them on my phone, tablet or computer, I cast them to the TV.

If you have a newer smart TV Youtube is already built in. All you need is the Chrome Cast app on your phone, tablet or computer. You can cast from any of these devices.

Also, if you save your photos to Google (its free), once you get set up with the Chrome cast or the newer smart TV, you can cast your photos or home videos from Google photos to your TV.

Here is the link to learn more about Chromecast https://store.google.com/product/chromecast It is really not that hard to set it up. Once you learn it, you will really enjoy it.

Top Bottom