• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Whatever you do, don't remove it by using a blowtorch to gently heat the chamber. It won't go well. Ask me how I know...

I know because it's the single worst possible idea I could come up with in my quest to be a smartass. Carry on, folks.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Whatever you do, don't remove it by using a blowtorch to gently heat the chamber. It won't go well. Ask me how I know...

I know because it's the single worst possible idea I could come up with in my quest to be a smartass. Carry on, folks.

I really think we need to hear the whole story. Oh, and see some pics too. For posterity of course.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I just have to wonder how cheap the ammo was to trust some hungover neckbeard's home rolled ammo.

9mm is running .14-.15 per round for new manufacture ammo.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I just have to wonder how cheap the ammo was to trust some hungover neckbeard's home rolled ammo.

9mm is running .14-.15 per round for new manufacture ammo.

I'll have you know I was drunk when I loaded that ammo, NOT hungover.

lmao

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2017
    if it's a 7.62 bullet stuck in the bore, you wont get it out with a wooden dowel. You'll need a hunk of drill rod that's a close slip fit in the bore, only 2-3" longer than the barrel with a concavity it it's leading end for the bullet. REALLY try to get the barrel out of the gun, wear a face mask and gloves for this and let the penetrating oil sit in the barrel, with a cotton patch under the chamber, until you see signs of oil on the patch (muzzle up of course) probably be an overnight process. Dont use a steel hammer anywhere around a gun muzzle. Use a mallet or hunk of hardwood, so you dont ding the barrel's crown. Having a smith recrown it will cost you $50.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Howdy
    I had a round I bought at a gun show ( cause it was pretty cheap ) that stuck in my CZ 75 barrel. I can't tell if the primer fired or not, I'm not a re-loader so I'm not sure. It's indented but not like the ones I fired from the same box.
    Anyway what is the best way to clear the round out of the barrel if it is live?
    Can I drive it back safely?
    It's not a live round if stuck in your barrel.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I see this is an old thread just wanted to add my 2 cents, I've been shooting for over 40 years, shot in competition. A couple years ago I had a new S&W Shield, when I went to clear it a round was stuck in the chamber. Never had that happen before, it freaked me out, I was going to shoot it into the ground in the backyard but thought no. Called S&W they said take it to local PD to clear it, then S&W issued a return ticket. I took it to shooting range I go to and he cleared it in the back room. I asked how he did it, he said brute force working the action.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom