• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LinuxAssailant

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2020
    Soon to be Texan
    Stack it deep and stack it cheap in non-lean times...

I overheard a neighbor speaking to his wife/girlfriend, WAY LOUDER outside than they should have been speaking, after the 'Rona kicked in, and the convo went something like this:
    Look what I got!
    What is that?
    "Box of 9 millimeter" or "9 millimeter ammunition"... (I can't remember which phrase was used.)
    Why did you get so many?
    It's only a box of 20 (or was it 25, so SD/HD ammo I assume)...

I assume that is ALL they had, in the middle of a Pandemic...
    SADMAC
    :(

A reloading press prior to panic, and reloading components that one can reload for WAY cheaper than retail ammo is a good thing to have, and I wasn't panicking about not having ammo... I was rolling my own, hundreds of rounds a day, easy, prior to the election.

Although I had to buy primers on credit during non-lean times, but 5k at a time, on sale, put my in a much better position than the neighbors mentioned above. Even jacketed 9mm can be reloaded for down to about $0.10ish/rd, which is about 1/3 the price of retail PRE-COVID prices in Commiefornia. I was even able to swap some primers for powder which was in short supply, and the barter deal went for about pre-covid rates on both ends, even-steven.

Last edited:

6&10

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2021
    Texas
    Please don't think at least 2 things: 1) That the internet gives one anonymity. 2) That government agencies do not monitor these forums

20 years ago, a skilled operator could find out virtually everything about an internet poster (within a half-hour), while monitoring the forums for sedition & other perceived threats to the government.

Technology has progressed, in the government's favor.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Please don't think at least 2 things: 1) That the internet gives one anonymity. 2) That government agencies do not monitor these forums

20 years ago, a skilled operator could find out virtually everything about an internet poster (within a half-hour), while monitoring the forums for sedition & other perceived threats to the government.

If they don't like what I have to say, they are more than welcome to visit me and we can talk it over!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

I have bought so much ammo on line in the last 10 years I think there might be 2 commas in the number. I am pretty sure between 4473 multiple purchases, NFA, multiple firearms instructor licenses through the state, hunting licenses in at least 3 states a year, carry permit, etc, big brother knows my shooting habits pretty well.:roflfunny:

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I have .22 cal analog weapons for most of mine. Glock 19 and Glock 44, Ruger Vaquero and Cimmaron 1973 Cattleman in .22lr, AR15 and a dedicated .22LR version of it, Henry lever in .45 Colt and Henry lever in .22. Shoot the .22's mostly and then a few rounds in the large calibers to refresh with those. I have a boatload of .22 and a pretty good supply of all other calibers. With 25k of .22 and thousands of the other center fire rounds it works well for me. Plus I have everything to reload all center fire ammo too. But I bought most everything ammo related before COVID. The .454 Casull is the one exception. I traded for it as it was such a great deal. Had to buy 4 boxes along with the two it came with. Now it is $2 to $3 a round. I have to get dies and stuff to reload for it.

Chaparral

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    30N 95W
    How long do you anticipate an ammo shortage lasting? How much do you want/need to continue shooting through such a shortage? Answer those two questions for yourself and you will know how much ammo you need to keep on hand.

Reactions: gll

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Prices are coming down. I just bought 12 gage ammo at Walmart for the same price I paid in 2019; $.22 per round. 9mm ammo purchased online in recent months has come down from $.40 per rd to $.30-.33 per rd (steel and brass respectively). My best purchased price for 9mm was $.18 per rd brass in 2019. Maybe we will get close to that number again.;)

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I was at academy in Georgetown last night.. chalk full of 223 but for way too much money which is why it was stacked everywhere. They didn't have much else yet. I assume the 9mm is being bought up or it's not being delivered in the same quantities.

I'm not paying 72 cpr for 223

Top Bottom