• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    They are made and owned by Leupold. Redfields are Leupolds value line. I hear good thing about them. You should be good to go as long as you don't want any frills, just a good basic scope.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    They are made and owned by Leupold. Redfields are Leupolds value line. I hear good thing about them. You should be good to go as long as you don't want any frills, just a good basic scope.
    That's funny considering I just got a Leupold VX-1 3-9x 40mm for $200 and thats the price range of the upper end Redfields. I was actually looking mostly at the Redfields, Nikons and Bushnells at Academy in the 150-200 range and stumbled on that Leupold. Granted the other stuff in that price range had more doodads. Glass in the Leupold blew everything else in that price range out of the water though by a long shot. Better clarity and light gathering than all the others even up to $250. My only complaint (and I can't really complain considering the price) is it is no frills and has a basic duplex reticle. Still should do an excellent job for what I bought it for, hunting the first and last half hour of legal light.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I was eager to see the new Redfield's come out when I heard that they were acquired by Leupold.
    When they came out the first product I saw was the spotting scope. It is pretty nice.
    Then I saw the rifle scopes and my opinion dropped.
    The turret adjustments are mushy and not crisp like they should be. I just don't see the quality there.
    Add a little more money and get a Nikon, or add more and get a Leupold (pronounced "loop old" not "leo pold");)

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Never had any optics from them before. Wifey-mate gave me one of their spotting scopes for Christmas. It's not bad for the price.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    That's funny considering I just got a Leupold VX-1 3-9x 40mm for $200 and thats the price range of the upper end Redfields.
    That's my experience as well. I think the current VX-1 line is the best value in scopes at the moment. A VX-1 will only be $30 or so more than a similar Redfield, but it will be more than $30 better.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    all the Redfield scopes I have used were always very good with clear glass and held zero, tough & rugged as well. Wish I could find one like I used to have (Redfield illuminator) that had the "square" or "TV" view when looking through the optic.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    all the Redfield scopes I have used were always very good with clear glass and held zero, tough & rugged as well. Wish I could find one like I used to have (Redfield illuminator) that had the "square" or "TV" view when looking through the optic.

I think you are referring to the old Redfield's. My dad passed his fixed 4 down to me 25 years ago.
    That had the flattened top and bottom view. That was a good scope

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    I think you are referring to the old Redfield's. My dad passed his fixed 4 down to me 25 years ago.
    That had the flattened top and bottom view. That was a good scope
    10-4 Bigun, that's it. I also have a Simmons 3-9x40 with the same view as well. I don't see any of the "new" optics that have this feature......sure do like it.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    I bought one almost as soon as they were reintroduced. I have had it on multiple rifles including a couple ARs and always had a good experience with the one I have.

trigger643

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2014
    Kingwood
    I put one of their new 3x9's on one of my .22's and it's fine. Great scope? No. Good. Sure. For the price it wasn't something I could pass up and I got my money's worth.

Top Bottom