Join TexasGunTalk

Houston police: 4 officers wounded, 2 of 3 suspects dead

Discussion in 'Houston' started by AustinN4, Jan 28, 2019.

1. BillFairbanks

BillFairbanks Active Member

May 8, 2017
  2. sharkey

sharkey Well-Known

Feb 25, 2013
    As do I. Maybe Tuttle was like us or maybe he wasn't? TGT folks are really a small percentage of the overall populace. If some can imply a rumor he was legally blind, I am gonna imply with a better percentage of probability that Tuttle like most good dope sellers was usually armed.

You might have touched on the disconnect here. We all like to think that others think like ourselves. Some here are assuming Tuttle was just an innocent guy that responded to an illegal home invasion what with the implication they were in plain clothes because that is exactly how they would respond to someone kicking their door in. Sometimes things aren't what they seem and sometimes they are exactly what they seem. The other disconnect is we've all seen different parts of the elephant. Some a lot and some a little and that will definitely shape perspectives. Of course, I'm probably just being a smart ass for pointing that out when actuality I'm just really stupid.

3. V-Tach

V-Tach TGT Addict Forum Sponsor

Sep 30, 2012
    Rockport
    Many unanswered questions. Only one side/version is being told. I would hope there would be more than just an internal police investigation into this incident as transparency would be in the best interest of the community. Let's wait and see what the investigation(s) reveal. On the face of it....it stinks...imho..

4. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
  5. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    If indeed this is factual, I'm afraid this could happen to most anyone on this Forum.
    Granted, something needs to trigger the police actions, whether they turn out to be true or not .

"Although press coverage of the raid generally portrayed the injured police officers as the victims, that surely is not the way it looked to Tuttle and Nicholas. Amid the noise and chaos, it is plausible that Tuttle did not even realize that the armed men knocking down his door, killing his dog and shooting his wife were police officers. They were not wearing uniforms, and in any case Houston had recently seen a series of home invasions by robbers masquerading as cops."

Davetex likes this.
  6. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Has it been pointed out yet that the 911 call that started the ball rolling was from Ms.Nicholas’ mother who was reporting her for using drugs inside the house?

I know there are a lot of you here that are parents and very anti drug.

Let this be a lesson to you to MYOB when it comes to what your adult children do in their own homes.

Unless of course you think having them shot to death for what appears now to be a warrant based on shoddy information at best.

Davetex, toddnjoyce and Southpaw like this.
  7. Frank59

Frank59 NO MA'AM!! TGT Supporter

May 14, 2018
    Houston
    This is true. Pretty common here in Houston. It really adds a lot more pressure to real time LE trying to do there jobs.

8. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Posts 296 & 297.

toddnjoyce likes this.
  9. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Thanks. It still bears repeating.

Your children are grown and not living with you? MYOB.

Davetex, ZX9RCAM and Southpaw like this.
  10. BillFairbanks

BillFairbanks Active Member

May 8, 2017
    That Houston Police Chief is a SOB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TX OMFS, Davetex, 1911'S 4 Me and 3 others like this.