• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie1960

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Dallas, TX
    I am interested in hunting hogs on public land here in North Texas and was wondering if any members have had experience doing this. Any information, tips or advice would be appreciated.
    Hurley's Gold

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    That's one thing I miss about AZ, well most of the western states, more public land than you could ever hope to visit in a lifetime and not just national parks or forests. Shoot about anywhere you want following distance and fire restriction laws. Hunting and camping about the same.

The sad part is whole swaths of southern AZ i used to enjoy has been overrun with illegal crossings and drug mules. The illegals never really bothered me while hunting or solo camping as all they would want was food or water and never entered camp in a huge group or without hollering in first.

The drug mules and cartel coyotes are the dangerous ones. If you played too much attention and one of their lookouts saw you there you could be in trouble.

That's useless to your query I know. Sorry.

lcclower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    DFW
    Fanin, Bonham area. Some state land.
    Around Grapevine and Lavon lakes, some Corps of Engineers land. Might need slugs or a crossbow. Check the rules carefully.
    There's also the way we used to get goose hunts up in the panhandle. Go to a Dairy Queen and ask anyone who looks like a farmer.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Grapevine and Lavon lakes. Call the corps boss of these areas. Boundaries are NOT marked and GPS is needed to make sure you are legal. Some dove hunting was allowed at Lavon but rules are really tricky.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom