• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Was finally able to get a boar hog tonight. Was walking down on the property and heard hogs on the other side of the creek. Wind was right, so I walked down a little further, crossed the creek and made my way back to 'em. Got up to about where they were and guess I spooked em, as I saw them take off up the creek. So I walked down to where I crossed and waited to see if they come in front of me, nope no sign of them. Kept walking the road that runs along the creek and couldn't hear them, so I just sat a while. Was getting dark and wife done txt'd for dinner, decided to head home, I had been stalking this sounder for 1-2 hrs. Crossed the creek and headed for the truck and heard a hog squeal on my side. Guess they went down the other direction and crossed over. Got to a bend in the road and could barely make out the group. Wind was still blowing into me, so there was a good chance to get closer. Got to about 100 yrds and could barely see them, so I kneeled down and aimed for the shoulder on a larger one and pulled the trigger. He dropped where stood. Got up to him and was still twitching a bit, so I dispatched him with my pistol. After looking him over, there was no sign of entry or exit wound, only blood was coming from nose and mouth and to come to find out, he was three legged. Seems he lost a front leg some time ago, as it was all healed over.

oMJM1DE.jpg

B0oz6ru.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• oMJM1DE.jpg
      oMJM1DE.jpg
      2.7 MB · Views: 417
    • B0oz6ru.jpg
      B0oz6ru.jpg
      3.8 MB · Views: 485

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Oh, and finally got my AR dirty, got all muddy when I laid it on the hog. Guess it's finally broke in now :D Looks good with a little mud on it, may just leave it there, lol

TexasPatriot1916

Active-Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2018
    Dallas
    Was finally able to get a boar hog tonight. Was walking down on the property and heard hogs on the other side of the creek. Wind was right, so I walked down a little further, crossed the creek and made my way back to 'em. Got up to about where they were and guess I spooked em, as I saw them take off up the creek. So I walked down to where I crossed and waited to see if they come in front of me, nope no sign of them. Kept walking the road that runs along the creek and couldn't hear them, so I just sat a while. Was getting dark and wife done txt'd for dinner, decided to head home, I had been stalking this sounder for 1-2 hrs. Crossed the creek and headed for the truck and heard a hog squeal on my side. Guess they went down the other direction and crossed over. Got to a bend in the road and could barely make out the group. Wind was still blowing into me, so there was a good chance to get closer. Got to about 100 yrds and could barely see them, so I kneeled down and aimed for the shoulder on a larger one and pulled the trigger. He dropped where stood. Got up to him and was still twitching a bit, so I dispatched him with my pistol. After looking him over, there was no sign of entry or exit wound, only blood was coming from nose and mouth and to come to find out, he was three legged. Seems he lost a front leg some time ago, as it was all healed over.

View attachment 162146

View attachment 162147
    Looks Like A Dam Wookie Hog

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas

View attachment 162146

View attachment 162147
    Right on dude. I can’t wait to pop hogs.

Top Bottom