Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    If a feral pig was after you there would be no doubt....lol. One time my buddy and I were on a feral pig hunt. He saw a small pig and shot him. However, the hog's feral friend was near and wouldn't let him climb down out of the stand. We had to take the ATV and rescue him and recover the downed pig.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    If a feral pig was after you there would be no doubt....lol. One time my buddy and I were on a feral pig hunt. He saw a small pig and shot him. However, the hog's feral friend was near and wouldn't let him climb down out of the stand. We had to take the ATV and rescue him and recover the downed pig.
    I have never hunted them, but know people who do...so this quote gave me a question:
    Doesn't this situation just mean you got a second hog?

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Hogs are why we ignore and “no firearms” signs if hiking. Rather be judged by 12 and all that.

Also we aren’t going to stop enjoying hiking just because someone thinks we shouldn’t be carrying or if we aren’t 100 percent sure if we are “allowed” to carry.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Hogs are why we ignore and “no firearms” signs if hiking. Rather be judged by 12 and all that.

Also we aren’t going to stop enjoying hiking just because someone thinks we shouldn’t be carrying or if we aren’t 100 percent sure if we are “allowed” to carry.
    Could be wrong, I was once before, but I believe it is legal to carry in most state and national parks in Texas if properly licensed. But check with each park you plan to visit to make sure they aren't an exception as there are some.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

I have killed thousands of feral pigs. I have never had one “charge” me that wasn’t in the process of being shot.

All of the pigs I have stumbled across have hauled ass from me.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I have had the same experience as Hogi, that is, I've never been chased by unmolested feral pigs and I've much experience with them.

How did I happen across so many pigs?

I worked many times for months at a time as a resident trail maintenance volunteer at Aransas National Wildlife Refuge, Brazos Bend State Park and others, plus my own yard was once host to many of these animals until I had my entire yard fenced in due to their rooting/plowing deperadations.

They spook and run unless ill.

I did have one huge, black boar spend the night in my yard. (which I found out about from a neighbor)

I walked outside clapping my hands and he just looked at me. Odd...he very slowly proceeded from the front yard to the back to weakly munching one our flower gardens.

He seemed completely oblivious to my presence. I walked up about a foot from him and shot him directly into the head. It was a sad thing, but he was obviously sick and needed dispatching.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I have had the same experience as Hogi, that is, I've never been chased by unmolested feral pigs and I've much experience with them.

How did I happen across so many pigs?

I worked many times for months at a time as a resident trail maintenance volunteer at Aransas National Wildlife Refuge, Brazos Bend State Park and others, plus my own yard was once host to many of these animals until I had my entire yard fenced in due to their rooting/plowing deperadations.

They spook and run unless ill.

I did have one huge, black boar spend the night in my yard. (which I found out about from a neighbor)

I walked outside clapping my hands and he just looked at me. Odd...he very slowly proceeded from the front yard to the back to weakly munching one our flower gardens.

He seemed completely oblivious to my presence. I walked up about a foot from him and shot him directly into the head. It was a sad thing, but he was obviously sick and needed dispatching.
    Either that or he was raised by people and escaped one day to go out chasing sows and had no real fear of people. Either way, good shoot.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    My mom was cornered by a pack of javelinas in our alley.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLVXtigW0S5-4aqRG7_RNr59iVaQOnEtGeTPaefc1McJNYQAU4.jpg

Attachments

• images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLVXtigW0S5-4aqRG7_RNr59iVaQOnEtGeTPaefc1McJNYQAU4.jpg
      images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLVXtigW0S5-4aqRG7_RNr59iVaQOnEtGeTPaefc1McJNYQAU4.jpg
      9.2 KB · Views: 640
    Top Bottom