• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    A Carter's fudd sold my mom a Smith airweight style or other da .38 5 shot and told her to keep the hammer down on an empty cylinder
    A Carter Country salesman hit on me at a show. I told him that my wife won't let me shop Carter Country. My wife has had a CHL since the 80's. She outshoots me most of the time. She went in to Carter Country on Katy Freeway one time. She knew exactly what she was looking for and they treated her
    like a dumb blonde. Not a good idea.
    Guns International

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Its kinda sad to see how badly shows have declined.
    The InnerWebz is killing them.
    I can remember the show at the Astrohall being so large it took up two buildings. It took all day to walk thru it.
    Today at the Reliant Hall building it takes up about half of one hall. You can cruise it in less than an hour easily.

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    I remember way back when I would go to the show in the old astro hall. Back then you you could trade and there was lots of collectible and unusual firearms as well as lots of milsurp stuff. Now most of the stuff is normal everyday crap and if you trade they will not give anything for your stuff. I have not been to a show in around five years now since most of the time you can find what your looking for through other venues for less money.
    I collect mostly military weapons and surplus. The shows today are geared to amateurs looking for the latest in popularity around the water cooler. They are bumper to bumper in the walkways. Tons of little kids bumping into you. Nobody has time to talk. I don't go anymore.

Moonpie

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Last summer I went to Carter’s Country looking for a semi auto 20ga hunting shotgun.
    When I asked if they had any the loudmouth behind the counter started bitching at me that NO We Don’t have any! Why does everybody want 20gauges? Everybody wants 20’s all of damn sudden. 12gauge is better yada yada yada.
    I stood there with my mouth hanging open.
    The other counter commando was cringing.
    Told loudmouth OK then I guess you don’t want to sell me a gun. Walked out. God what a dork he was.

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    A Carter Country salesman hit on me at a show. I told him that my wife won't let me shop Carter Country. My wife has had a CHL since the 80's. She outshoots me most of the time. She went in to Carter Country on Katy Freeway one time. She knew exactly what she was looking for and they treated her
    like a dumb blonde. Not a good idea.
    Why did he think you were ghey?
    Was it your ladysmith?

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Gun shows now are about dealers ripping off newbs. And jerky, crappy chinese knives, and dreamcatchers.

I want to organize a gunshow with no dealers allowed.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Gun shows now are about dealers ripping off newbs. And jerky, crappy chinese knives, and dreamcatchers.

I want to organize a gunshow with no dealers allowed.
    On that subject, kind of, How about gun show like meeting that we call The Holster Exchange. We all empty the drawer, box, or closet full of holsters we are not going wear again and trade them for a new drawer full of holsters we fully intend to wear. Whaddya think win win. And being Texans we could happen to bring other things like holster fillers to trade.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    On that subject, kind of, How about gun show like meeting that we call The Holster Exchange. We all empty the drawer, box, or closet full of holsters we are not going wear again and trade them for a new drawer full of holsters we fully intend to wear. Whaddya think win win. And being Texans we could happen to bring other things like holster fillers to trade.
    Say when...

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I've got THREE boxes of holsters and I would welcome a swap meet in which I could swap and trade holsters and possibly weapons with trusted individuals and legally eligible individuals.

Who would make the "trusted" determination?

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    I guess I am too old to understand what you are trying to say.
    you-ever-seen-a-grown-man-naked-do-you-ever-hang-3813060.png

Attachments

• you-ever-seen-a-grown-man-naked-do-you-ever-hang-3813060.png
      you-ever-seen-a-grown-man-naked-do-you-ever-hang-3813060.png
      151.6 KB · Views: 496

Moonpie

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Especially that one dude at the Pasadena store. I won't call him by name, but his behavior is hilarious if you can get past being offended.

Would this be an older guy, say about late 50’s early 60’s, that looks like he has lost a lot of weight recently?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom