• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    My son was asked today if he would like to drive a front engine dragster. Since he is a gearhead you can imagine his answer. The owner said he wanted to tune, not drive and needed someone who he could talk with about setup. They work together FWIW. My understanding is it is a SBC with Hilborn injecters. The owner knows what he is doing and is building a new car. He's expecting low 5's to high 4's in the 1/8th. They will be competing in the Nostalgia series. http://shraracing.com/index.html It should be fun, been a while since he raced. Last time was abt 15 yrs ago and on a bike. His wife even signed off on it and the kids are excited.

Here's what he did last time, I just kept it running.
    img20170417_20135135 (Medium).jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

Attachments

• img20170417_20135135 (Medium).jpg
      img20170417_20135135 (Medium).jpg
      71.3 KB · Views: 285

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    The bike was a lot of fun. I liked jacking with the big twin riders when I tell them my little sporty would clean their clock. Of course this wasn't at the drag strip but the local watering hole.

113" CI, 16-1 compression, S&S Super G carb w/3 thunderjets, VP C-25 gas, 5 speed tranny with back cut gears, air shift, spinning an 11" Mickey Thompson.
    Starter was built from a 24v diesel starter (abt 50 lbs) and if you didn't back the engine up with a wrench it wouldn't spin it over. Had to have a running start.
    Best was low 9's @ 140+ in the 1/4.

Top Bottom