• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I bought this thing a few years back. I like it, but it's looks aren't doing it for me. I'm not a huge fan of the matte black. So, I'm thinking of getting it a new paint job, new grips, maybe some mods. Maybe a new rear sight too?

It's mostly a range toy. I might use it if I get into steel challenge shooting too.

Suggestions? I want to turn this thing into an attention getter (in a good way, none of that ghetto ass stuff like painting the small parts gold...).

OU5z9fa3jAdeGEedzlBHoVpJ4fd5JJnQq5_SWyvo8nDA-qU29nZRjsLunkKiT7jEHSIdw42GyYNotLGXQH=w1679-h945-no.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• OU5z9fa3jAdeGEedzlBHoVpJ4fd5JJnQq5_SWyvo8nDA-qU29nZRjsLunkKiT7jEHSIdw42GyYNotLGXQH=w1679-h945-no.jpg
      OU5z9fa3jAdeGEedzlBHoVpJ4fd5JJnQq5_SWyvo8nDA-qU29nZRjsLunkKiT7jEHSIdw42GyYNotLGXQH=w1679-h945-no.jpg
      227.5 KB · Views: 429

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If I had to have a Taurus, it would be one of those Beretta clones

Like I said, it works and it's accurate. It does not seem to like lead bullets (leads the barrel despite being properly sized), but that is the only issue I have with it.

At one point I had thought of making it classy with a stainless cerakote finish and some nice wood grips, but honestly that doesn't fit the gun's character. Now I'm thinking "tacticool". Maybe FDE with black accents and a set of VZ style G10 grips? (found a place that makes them for Taurus 92s). There's another gun that I want to cerakote FDE, so I'm going to have the paint anyways.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Making a silk purse out of a sows ear used to be considered
    I bought this thing a few years back. I like it, but it's looks aren't doing it for me. I'm not a huge fan of the matte black. So, I'm thinking of getting it a new paint job, new grips, maybe some mods. Maybe a new rear sight too?

It's mostly a range toy. I might use it if I get into steel challenge shooting too.

Suggestions? I want to turn this thing into an attention getter (in a good way, none of that ghetto ass stuff like painting the small parts gold...).

View attachment 161636
    Let us know how it turns out. My Daddy always said it was hard to make a silk purse out of a sows ear..but he was wrong about a lot of stuff. lol.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Well geeze, at that price how could I resist...

I'm a broke ass college student. Maybe someday I'll get it.

There's nothing wrong with the Taurus other than the fact it's a Taurus. I'd rather just spend $100-$150 customizing it and be happy with what I've got. I did a little research. Cerakote is going to be a little pricey to get into (plus requires a little more skill to get right), but I could get Duracoat instead and be able to get everything I need (airbrush) including the paint to do at least 2-3 guns for $80. The grips I was looking at would add another $50. The finish wouldn't be quite as durable, but it's a range toy anyways. I can't think of many guns that I have actually worn the finish off of. Even if I did, I kind of like that worn look.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    How about this color? Duracoat Tactical Coyote Brown. I'd want to leave all the small parts like the safety, slide release, and mag release black.

7083111951_60c6d6202e_b.jpg

With these grips

https://www.stonercnc.com/product-page/grey-black-4

grips stonercnc.jpeg

It would give it a nice contrast so the whole gun isn't just brown/tan.

Attachments

• grips stonercnc.jpeg
      grips stonercnc.jpeg
      40.3 KB · Views: 265
    • 7083111951_60c6d6202e_b.jpg
      7083111951_60c6d6202e_b.jpg
      202 KB · Views: 275

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth