• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CraftyWoods

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2017
    San Antonio, TX
    Welcome!

Don't worry about not using your real name, that just keeps honest people honest. You can still be tracked using your internet provider, IP address, MAC address, browser history, cookies, metadata, phone apps.... :)
    Oh yeah for sure the gov can track me, but I am more thinking, if I am applying for a job and some liberal hiring manager for a company is anti-gun and starts trying to search online for me, I don't want pro-gun stuff popping up related to my name or common aliases. Technically they probably shouldn't discriminate on that basis, but I am positive it happens. I wish to always work for a strong pro 2nd-A company, but business is business and if you've ever been in a layoff and in need of quickly finding a new job, sometimes you can't be too picky. And sometimes the company is neutral or cool on guns, but one person in the hiring chain isn't and they'll mess up your application.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Thanks for the nice intro! Welcome to the TGT family!!

D57D5F72-19C7-43EF-A510-8CC795A1029D.jpeg

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Welcome from San Antonio. I tend to do private sales in large public parking lots like HEB or Walmart. I try to bring a friend to watch my back.

There is a thread here somewhere that offers advice on how to conduct a private sale. Generally, people prefer to glance at your TX DL to support the "citizen of same state" box, and some only sell to those with a TX LTC to support the "not a felon" box, in case the ATF comes a knockin'. In either case, many buyers do not want sellers to take a pic of their DL or LTC or require a bill of sale. In other words, they want to maintain their anonymity as much as possible for the reasons you posted.

BTW, this is military city so be aware you can sell to military stationed here even if they are a resident of another state. Just ask for their military orders showing a San Antonio base, and to glance at their military ID which should be current. Felons get discharged from the military, so in my book, military orders/ID is as good as checking the "not a felon" box.

CraftyWoods

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2017
    San Antonio, TX
    Welcome from San Antonio. I tend to do private sales in large public parking lots like HEB or Walmart. I try to bring a friend to watch my back.

There is a thread here somewhere that offers advice on how to conduct a private sale. Generally, people prefer to glance at your TX DL to support the "citizen of same state" box, and some only sell to those with a TX LTC to support the "not a felon" box, in case the ATF comes a knockin'. In either case, many buyers do not want sellers to take a pic of their DL or LTC or require a bill of sale. In other words, they want to maintain their anonymity as much as possible for the reasons you posted.

BTW, this is military city so be aware you can sell to military stationed here even if they are a resident of another state. Just ask for their military orders showing a San Antonio base, and to glance at their military ID which should be current. Felons get discharged from the military, so in my book, military orders/ID is as good as checking the "not a felon" box.
    Thanks for that info, makes sense and good to know.

Old Coach

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2023
    Dallas
    Hi all, I think I'll start posting here since it seems like a cool group. Lived in TX most my life, and like it here, except when you go to shoot a black gun out in the summer under the midday sun, and after a mag or two, the thing heats up and seems to stay friggin hot forever, that part kinda sucks!

Joining here since if I ever sell a gun, might as well go the private sale route since gun stores never give you much for stuff (I know, they need to make a profit). Anyone who sells private sale in SA, where do you go so that you and the buyer are safe? I am not sure if a gun store would allow you to conduct a private transaction there, unless you're running a BG check, which as-of-yet isn't req for private sales AFAIK. Just wondering where is a safe spot to do a private sale or purchase, to avoid getting robbed or shot. I'm sure meeting established members here is safer, but if you are new, or meeting someone else new, who has no or minimal feedback, best to meet in a safe location. So I am curious about potential spots to do that if anyone has info, please comment.

Eventually I WTB a Shadow Systems MR920 elite (w/optic) if anyone has one used for sale at lesser price than they are new.

Besides guns, I enjoy wood working. Not listing my real name here since this is a public forum, and I am trying to maintain a bit of my privacy regarding this hobby, given all of the data collection and profile building of individuals going on. At some point, if the wrong people get their way, all gun owners in America might face increased scrutiny :(
    Welcome.

Top Bottom