• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Yep, Lobster was considered trash food at one point.

Doesn’t bother me, I like Beanie Weenie’s straight out of the can. And spam. Fried crispy.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    32 years ago I was running a seafood department for Randall's. The Guy from Houston Flying Lobster would deliver lobster on Fridays, & I was his last stop. After getting him checked in I'd leave & he would give me the ones that died that day on delivery. The new wife knew to have the water boiling & the butter melted. If the tails didn't curl we didn't eat them. Ate a lot of lobster back then.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    In HS a friend of mines dad owned a seafood company that imported and distributed seafood. I’d get cases of frozen lobster and huge shrimp.

The Papadeiux on Hwy 75 in Richardson used to have an AYCE Lobster years ago. I’ve eaten over 30 tails and claws at one sitting and have had the manager come out and introduce himself to see who was bankrupting the place. I never touched the baked potatoes, bread or any sides and focused on the lobster.

I really like grilled lobster, been eating it that way since I first ate them fresh years ago. They were spiny lobsters, the ones without a claw. But the tails were as long as my forearm.

I’m grilling ribeyes and tails this weekend.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom