• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Unfortunately, suicides with rental guns are happening. That's what drives these laws. I don't know how it would help, though.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Its not the number of crimes rental guns are used in.(suicide is against the law) its having Pancho at the helm and Bonnen as speaker.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Unfortunately, suicides with rental guns are happening. That's what drives these laws. I don't know how it would help, though.
    You can pass a NICS check and still be suicidal . . .

So, again, like all gun control--it's legislation that makes the .gov FEEEL like it's doing something to stop the "problem" without actually accomplishing anything besides getting in the way of the everyday citizens living their lives.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

So, again, like all gun control--it's legislation that makes the .gov FEEEL like it's doing something to stop the "problem" without actually accomplishing anything besides getting in the way of the everyday citizens living their lives.

I disagree. The purpose of all gun control is to eventually contribute to disarming the public, whether its death by a thousand cuts or in one fell swoop.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

Like I said, I don't know how the laws would help.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I disagree. The purpose of all gun control is to eventually contribute to disarming the public, whether its death by a thousand cuts or in one fell swoop.
    What I'm trying to say is that when all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. Legislatures make laws, so when a legislator see problems that they feel need fixing, they make more laws--surely, those laws are driven by their own ideology. There's no question that the left seeks to destroy the 2A and take away those rights; however, legislators gonna legislate.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    And there’s about eleventy billion more pressing issues to legislate on, where legislation can actually be effective and contribute to improving the economy, instead of trying to drive places out of business.

Yep, gotta pass all those bills recognizing the constituent who raised the world's largest squash.

Anything effective and contributing is too controversial to bring up for a vote.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

His views. I disagree.

Gun Safety
    Texans agree we need to make our schools safer through common-sense gun safety measures and greater mental health resources. This means ensuring universal background checks and restricting gun purchases for people convicted of felonies or violent misdemeanors. In addition, mental health care must be accessible and affordable for every Texan, especially our students. We should pursue these responsible solutions, not arm our teachers or militarize our schools.

Top Bottom