• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dogbone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County
    Hearing will be held on Wednesday, February 27, 2019, starting at 8:00 am before the Homeland Security & Public Safety committee in Room E2.016

HB 238, by Krause - Forbids a state agency, city/county/other political subdivision, or person employed by them (LEO) from enforcing any any federal regulation, prohibition, or ban on firearms, ammo, or firearms accessories that does not exist in Texas state law. A firearm acessory is anything used with or mounted on a firearm. There is an exception for laws already in effect pertaining to border security. An agency who breaks this law would not receive state grant funds, and the attorney general may issue a court order for them to comply with this law if a citizen complains. The attorney general would be required to defend any agencies if the federal government sues them for following this law.

https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=86R&Bill=HB238

HB 302, by Paul -Upholds the ability of condo and apartment owners, tenants, and their guests to have firearms in their dwellings and en route between their car and their apartment/condo. Prohibits landlords from prohibiting tenants from having firearms in their rented properties. But it also prohibits a fundamental right to contract as one sees fit.

https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=86R&Bill=HB302

dogbone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County
    I will be heading down to Austin for this hearing and have room for a few passengers in the Llano area who aren't scared off by a predawn start to the day.

BillRedding

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Colorado Springs, CO
    @dogbone:
    Just a thanks for your personal efforts re: keeping up with what's going on in -- and goign TO (!) -- Austin. I wish more people did -- I mean even in liberal Austin, there MUST be a good group or pro-gun people who could fill the room along with you.
    I do what I can here in El Paso (as an open-carrier), but it's mainly one-on one with the general public (who may be voters!) I encounter occasionally when the subject of guns (and carrying) comes up...not directly with politicians.
    Regards,
    -- BR

dogbone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County
    @BillRedding, doing what you can where you can is an important part of the struggle for our rights. I hope you are making use of the features of the TLO web site to stay on top of things in Austin. Take a few minutes each week to give your representatives a call. Take a few more minutes to ask all your friends with guns to call, too. Numbers count!

Top Bottom