• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I'm having my FFL build me an upper and need to decide on a rail. I have built myself many ARs and know what I like but was trying to broaden my horizons and have him build me an upper as what he specializes in are ARs. After some discussion we are going in a pseudo-ish 3 gun style. Barrel will be Odin Works 3 gun 18" barrel with their upgraded adjustable gas block and intermediate gas.

- No Keymod
    - At least 15"
    - No quad rails

He suggested a few I'm not a fan of for this build and two that I suggested he can't get through his distributors. Having said that, I'm not opposed to ordering rail myself and dropping of at his shop but would prefer to pick up whole package ready to go.

His suggestions:
    Odin Works O2 Lite M-LOK (15.5")
    LanTac SPADA M-LOK (15")
    Geissele MK8, Super Modular Rail, 15", MLOK
    Geissele MK14, Super Modular Rail, 15", MLOK
    Geissele MK13, Super Modular Rail, 15", MLOK
    SAMSON M-LOK SX SER 15"
    Seekins Precision, NOXs M-LOK Rail, 15"

I like the F1 Firearms Jerry Miculek rail and the Aero Precision ATLAS S-One.

Anything else similar to the ones I found?
    Capitol Armory ad

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I really havent seen too many rails that have that low profile and then the rail "humps" or whatever you want to call them besides the ALG that is posted above. I would go with the Aero personally if you are looking for that. While I can't speak to the Atlas, I have the Enhanced rail on a factory rifle from Aero and it is good to go

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    So, look at how each individual rail mounts, and look at the building components, make your determination from that

Sent with my IPhone with electronics and fuzzy logic...

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    I also like long handguards that aren’t rail.

I have a YHM Todd Jarret on my Blackout. It is my go-to ranch rifle, and sees a lot of use. It spends a lot of time on the quad, or tractor, and has been really durable. I’ve had it for a few years now.

I wanted a super lightweight one for my 223, and went with a STNGR. it was really affordable, the company is based out of McKinney. I’ve only used that rifles a little bit since I put it on, so not sure yet on durability, but so far, I really like it.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Midwest Industries should be at the top of that list.

While I've seen a few designs that aren't bad and I know they've improved some from what they were years ago I've still always seen them as very entry level. Nothing wrong with that, I just haven't actually held their newer products to form an updated opinion.

So, look at how each individual rail mounts, and look at the building components, make your determination from that

Trying to broaden my rail horizons is what put me in this predicament in the first place. One unfortunate thing is not having anywhere locally to see before I buy. Guess I should drive up to DSG and look around.

I also like long handguards that aren’t rail.

I wanted a super lightweight one for my 223, and went with a STNGR. it was really affordable, the company is based out of McKinney. I’ve only used that rifles a little bit since I put it on, so not sure yet on durability, but so far, I really like it.

I don't mind rails on the right guns. Everything has its purpose.

I like the STNGRs too and will get around to ordering one at some point. For this build it doesn't fit the bill due to the chopped front end I like on the STNGR.

I love the profile of my M-Lok Aero Atlas S-One,

I like it too, really wish I could handle one before I buy. I'll probably end up ordering one anyway soon.

I have decided I'm gonna go ahead and order the F1 Miculek. Brownells has a decent price on it after my discount.

For the record, my favorite rail is the FFSSR by Parallax Tactical.
    image.jpeg

It has a rail across the top and quads at the muzzle end. The middle portion is a smaller diameter and much more ergonomic. I have several of these and the PSA knockoffs.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    While I've seen a few designs that aren't bad and I know they've improved some from what they were years ago I've still always seen them as very entry level. Nothing wrong with that, I just haven't actually held their newer products to form an updated opinion.

Trying to broaden my rail horizons is what put me in this predicament in the first place. One unfortunate thing is not having anywhere locally to see before I buy. Guess I should drive up to DSG and look around.

I don't mind rails on the right guns. Everything has its purpose.

I like the STNGRs too and will get around to ordering one at some point. For this build it doesn't fit the bill due to the chopped front end I like on the STNGR.

I like it too, really wish I could handle one before I buy. I'll probably end up ordering one anyway soon.

I have decided I'm gonna go ahead and order the F1 Miculek. Brownells has a decent price on it after my discount.

For the record, my favorite rail is the FFSSR by Parallax Tactical. View attachment 134897
    It has a rail across the top and quads at the muzzle end. The middle portion is a smaller diameter and much more ergonomic. I have several of these and the PSA knockoffs.

Download fitting instructions

Sent with my IPhone with electronics and fuzzy logic...

Top Bottom