Gun Zone Deals

H.R. 8 - a bill to update background checks in America ????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    From the article ....

"Under the law, gun buyers who wish to purchase a gun from an unlicensed dealer must first have a background check done by a licensed gun dealer."

What constitutes an unlicensed dealer?
    Is that actually everybody who is not an FFL, but sells a weapon?

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Got this today. It might do good to hammer back at Rep. Chip Roy to counter anything they send.

logo-3x-optimized.png

Updating our background check system is not just an important first step for this Congress to take towards ending gun violence, it's also something that the overwhelming majority of Americans can get behind. Earlier this month, our Members of Congress held a hearing on gun safety, including the landmark H.R. 8 — a bill that will update our background checks law to cover all gun sales and help keep guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them.

This bill will be coming up for a vote any day now. It's a fight we're putting our entire weight behind and we need to make sure our representatives hear from as many voices as possible — including yours: Mike, send a quick message to Rep. Roy urging them to support H.R. 8, a life-saving first step in the fight to end gun violence.

Send Rep. Roy My Message
    Thanks for sending your message in support of H.R. 8; we'll keep you updated as the bill moves forward.

Everytown for Gun Safety

Attachments

• logo-3x-optimized.png
      logo-3x-optimized.png
      3.5 KB · Views: 336
    Last edited:

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Be sure to email your Rep. too, seeing as this is a House Resolution.
    Dude. It's GOING to pass the House. The game here is to prevent it passing the Senate. If is doesn't pass the Senate, it can't become legislation. If it passes the Senate, I fear that Trump will sign it.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Got this today. It might do good to hammer back at Rep. Chip Roy to counter anything they send.
    [Broke stupid link]Mike, send a quick message to Rep. Roy urging them to support H.R. 8, a life-saving first step in the fight to end gun violence.

[Broke stupid link] Send Rep. Roy My Message

You could break those links, you know.

Last edited:

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    From the article ....

"Under the law, gun buyers who wish to purchase a gun from an unlicensed dealer must first have a background check done by a licensed gun dealer."

What constitutes an unlicensed dealer?
    Is that actually everybody who is not an FFL, but sells a weapon?
    Anyone selling a firearm is an unlicensed dealer UNLESS they have a license. At least that's they way they look at it.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Dude. It's GOING to pass the House. The game here is to prevent it passing the Senate. If is doesn't pass the Senate, it can't become legislation. If it passes the Senate, I fear that Trump will sign it.

So what, don't do anything as far as those who represent you in the House? You can, I'll write and call to anyone who will listen in the mean time.

The targeted Horny Mom's email above tells me they have some concerns about the House vote.

You could break those links, you know.

Thanks, dun broken! Can you edit it in your post as well.

Top Bottom