• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Looking to expand my training in this area since I spend a ton of time in and around the SUV. Any suggestions for upcoming classes in DFW or close to it, Austin, OKC, Houston occurring in 2019? TTPOA Conference might have one this year. I will have to check as it gets closer. If you are LE and haven't been to the conference, you are missing out.
    Texas SOT

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Don't fight around the car, use the right weaapon and just shoot through it.
    Haha, well Plan A is always to "drive thru" the problem but I spend a lot of time waiting in transitional spaces and then you have a High % of ambushes occurring in and around the vehicle. I will post up a good article about it in a bit. Granted, principals are more apt to be in a MVA than an ambush hence attending the Smith Driving School class (highly recommend to anyone that drives a lot in urban environments)

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    God, I’ve sat through the smith driving videos more than any human should ever be forced to endure.

It’s not bad info, but it’s a typical training video format.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Haha, well Plan A is always to "drive thru" the problem but I spend a lot of time waiting in transitional spaces and then you have a High % of ambushes occurring in and around the vehicle. I will post up a good article about it in a bit. Granted, principals are more apt to be in a MVA than an ambush hence attending the Smith Driving School class (highly recommend to anyone that drives a lot in urban environments)

Great course. More Morons on the road need to take that course. My job requires it.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    God, I’ve sat through the smith driving videos more than any human should ever be forced to endure.

It’s not bad info, but it’s a typical training video format.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I only saw a few. I got the manual and took the test. The instructor was a company employee. I picked up some good suggestions though. Next time they come around, head to the BMW Ultimate test drive. Running the 3 and 4 series thru a makeshift course was fun.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Just remember, car doors provide concealment, but not cover. And mind where your shadow is falling.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Looking to expand my training in this area since I spend a ton of time in and around the SUV. Any suggestions for upcoming classes in DFW or close to it, Austin, OKC, Houston occurring in 2019? TTPOA Conference might have one this year. I will have to check as it gets closer. If you are LE and haven't been to the conference, you are missing out.
    Take a class from Sootch00.
    C12614BA-ADC3-4F3E-A244-ECA0C7E24C01.gif

Gunny P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    DFW
    There is more to shooting around and from a vehicle than what we read in a textbook / watch on youtube video. It is best to get a solid training from those who know what they are talking about.
    Around DFW, I will recommend Eric from Green Eye Tactical . You can check his website etc
    He is a very humble but super legit guy. Ex 1st SFOD-D guy etc etc.
    Good luck man & stay frosty.

oljames3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Elgin, Texas
    KR Training, about an hour east of Austin, is hosting John Murphy on 17 FEB 19.
    https://www.fpftraining.com/products/vehicle-environment-skills

KR Training schedule and info
    https://krtraining.com/schedule.html

I've taken over 40 hours of training at KR. I highly recommend KR Training and their guest instructors.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    KR Training, about an hour east of Austin, is hosting John Murphy on 17 FEB 19.
    https://www.fpftraining.com/products/vehicle-environment-skills

KR Training schedule and info
    https://krtraining.com/schedule.html

I've taken over 40 hours of training at KR. I highly recommend KR Training and their guest instructors.

I saw that class in Feb. I gotta check and see my work schedule but I might try to make that one.
    Pretty decent article on the possibility of ambushes in and around a vehicle.

https://circuit-magazine.com/vehicl...hqobvrMe1Mn_Mk5hI_t4iEYtIW7GoLCS1gFuerrFJf9_c

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom