• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishhog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    East of Dallas
    Afraid I gave up on that show. Driving an hour or more to see a bunch of empty tables and the show maybe half of what it used to be. It's a shame, I always looked forward to going there.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I can't see giving up hunting on a prime day to go this time
    I'm gonna be a no show

Fishhog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    East of Dallas
    Heck I've been going to gun shows since the 70's and have watched the decline of them pretty steadily since about 2000 or so. Every now and then something like the CHL laws passing or threats of Democratic rule causes a flurry....but it doesn't seem to last long. Obama seems to have the record as far as I can see for ramping up gun shows.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    vmax,

YEP. I well remember that era. = A group of us from over in NETX traveled in a friend's motorhome for the weekend & I think that all of us brought home at least 2 SKS each.
    (I think that T paid 120.oo OTD for the 2 Russian-made/mid-1950s ones that I bought. = The vendor has NUMEROUS cases of SKS at his booth.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Gunshows started going south back during Bush I.
    Many of y'all are probably too young to remember but prior to 1986 getting any kind of ammo, components, many gun parts, etc was mucho verboten thru the mails.
    The same legislation that killed full-auto also opened up regular gun stuff to mail order. You pretty much HAD to have an FFL to get anything thru mail order.(There was no InnerWeBz back then). Heck, even empty brass had to go thru an FFL.
    The result was many gun bugs had FFL's to further their hobby. These guys did shows to buy/sell/trade to further their collections and participate in the hobby.
    After the change the ATF started cracking down on "kitchen table" FFL's. Many of them gave up their FFL's.
    This started a sea change of gun show vendors to change from serious gun dorks to people strictly driven by profit. These people are mostly pirates and do not give a damn about doing a mutual beneficial deal. They just want to rape you. Its all about the money now.
    I still attend a show now and then. Mainly for entertainment purposes. Haven't bought a gun(or even accessories) in years.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    My buddy said it was the worst one in a long time. I got there T 2p and the center was just empty tables. It kinda sucked. I bought some stuff online yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Is Will Rogers any better?

Usually the Original FW gun show is better than the high caliber gun show at Will Rogers. Pay attention to who is putting on the show.

The down side to Ft Worth is you have to pay for parking now in addition to paying to get into the show.

Top Bottom