• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JakSlapped

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 1, 2019
    Spring, Tx
    Can anyone recommend a reputable gun safe installer in the Houston area. I have a 2 story house and can’t really move the safe by myself. Just wondering who’s out there and does a good job, thanks.
    Texas SOT

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    The place where I bought mine (Academy) had a list of recommended movers.
    All were small outfits that listed piano and safe moving on their business card.
    Maybe $125.
    The two fellows laid down masonite sheets to protect my tiles.
    Tipped two tens.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    It would probably be helpful to know what area of the state that you live.

Texas is BIG place...

The best choice is generally a local outfit.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    meh I would be more concerned with all the neighbors and kids on the street seeing the safe go in over a moving company installing it.

If customers start reporting thefts and that moving company keeps coming up in the investigation. It will not take to long figure it out.

It don't help the few guys that get hit in the begging

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    If you're under about 800 lbs.....golf balls. Lean the safe back, slide 'em under and just roll where you want it to go. You won't ball up the carpet like you will with a dolly, and they'll pretty much go over any surface. Moved many a safe with 'em. I like them better than using pvc pipe, because it's so easy to go around corners, etc.

JakSlapped

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 1, 2019
    Spring, Tx
    What insurances would you look at? I have my home insurance with plenty of coverage, but have not really thought about the guns as much due to the fact that I only have a couple, but want to add to it. Which ones should I start to look into?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    What insurances would you look at? I have my home insurance with plenty of coverage, but have not really thought about the guns as much due to the fact that I only have a couple, but want to add to it. Which ones should I start to look into?
    In general, extensive coverages for guns, jewelry, collectables, art, cash or anything along those lines requires an additional rider to your policy for stated values. Your Insurance Rep should be able to take care of it with no problem.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    In general, extensive coverages for guns, jewelry, collectables, art, cash or anything along those lines requires an additional rider to your policy for stated values. Your Insurance Rep should be able to take care of it with no problem.

Generally referred to as a valuable personal property, or VPP rider. Usually pretty cheap.

This is why it’s very important to thoroughly read and understand your policies.

ETA: most VPP policies are zero deductible and aren’t considered a claim against homeowners policy. Additionally, many VPP policies will cover lost property, which homeowners generally doesn’t.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom