• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    It takes money to defend our gun rights. Of course, we could let all the organizations just dry up that defend our gun rights. Mailouts do raise money are they would have quit doing it a long time ago. If you feel tapped out just file 13 the mail. That's what I do. Don't be a weepy sister and badmouth the organizations that make sure your Second Amendment rights are there.

I never "bad mouthed" anyone and am not a "weepy sister". Just because I mentioned my displeasure with their specific actions doesn't give you the right to judge me or call me names. I also file them in the trash, but shouldn't have to when I have requested they stop. The money can be better spent than constantly bombarding me for more money. Trash me all you want but it doesn't make them any more right in what they are doing and doesn't fulfill their fundraising goals or defend our second amendment rights. Just wastes money that could be better spent elsewhere. If you keep treating others as you do it will drive them away and they won't give anything any more to any organization.
    Venture Surplus ad

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I received an email from the GOA today asking for a donation. It is the first one in quite a while. I will definitely be sending a donation.

Here is a copy of the email:

"We have BIG news, Ls,

The Supreme Court has decided to take up its FIRST gun rights case since Heller and McDonald -- with a brief filed by us.

Now we need to prepare for battle…

The most rabid anti-gun lawyers will try to DESTROY us in court. We need you to stand by our side and help us win this fight for our God-given rights.

Please make a tax-deductible contribution of $20, $45, $65, or even $100 to our Legal Defense Fund to help offset the massive costs we will incur to fight the anti-gun lobby in this historic case.

Our brief states that the plain text of the Second Amendment invalidates ANY and ALL infringements of our protected rights.

We’re going to bat for every American citizen who is currently living behind enemy lines in an anti-gun state.

We’re fighting against the all-out massacre of your God-given rights at the hands of unelected judges all over the country.

But we cannot win without YOUR support.

Please make a tax-deductible contribution of $20, $45, $65, or even $100 to our Legal Defense Fund to help offset the massive costs we will incur to fight the anti-gun lobby in this historic case.

In Liberty,

ErichPratt_Headshot.jpg

Erich Pratt
    Executive Director
    Gun Owners of America, Gun Owners Foundation"

Attachments

• ErichPratt_Headshot.jpg
      ErichPratt_Headshot.jpg
      9.3 KB · Views: 423

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The Supreme Court has decided to take up its FIRST gun rights case since Heller and McDonald -- with a brief filed by us.

Now we need to prepare for battle…

But we cannot win without YOUR support.

In Liberty,

Erich Pratt
    Executive Director
    Gun Owners of America, Gun Owners Foundation"

Dear Erich,

If you haven’t been preparing to argue this case in front of the Supreme Court since filing it, it’s kind of late to start now.

I’ve supported GOA for several years now. Please don’t turn into every other 501c3 with a PAC, continuously asking for a handout or bombarding me with 3P marketing alliances that promise a new wine or panty of the month.

Deliver a big victory for gun owners and the 2A and you will be the RBG of guns. Short of that, this is an impetuous, greedy ask.

I won’t be turning off the spigot due to this plea for support but your whole raison d’être is this case. Win big or cease to exist.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    So the amount of money is what decides a Supreme Court Case? It helps I admit. But having the Best legal briefs does not hurt either. Of Course the fact that Trump has been able to get a couple of justices on the Supreme Court doesn't hurt either.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I never "bad mouthed" anyone and am not a "weepy sister". Just because I mentioned my displeasure with their specific actions doesn't give you the right to judge me or call me names. I also file them in the trash, but shouldn't have to when I have requested they stop. The money can be better spent than constantly bombarding me for more money. Trash me all you want but it doesn't make them any more right in what they are doing and doesn't fulfill their fundraising goals or defend our second amendment rights. Just wastes money that could be better spent elsewhere. If you keep treating others as you do it will drive them away and they won't give anything any more to any organization.
    Damn I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Mail outs for funding work. I get them form the NRA, GOA, NGRA, I get emails from the California gun rights boards. I do send them money. When I don'y want to in the shredder they go. Mailers do work or they wouldn't be sending them to you. I just gave the NRA some money and upgraded to a Patron Membership. Real men just shred the stuff and carry on. its the Easy button with no fuss or muss.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Damn I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Mail outs for funding work. I get them form the NRA, GOA, NGRA, I get emails from the California gun rights boards. I do send them money. When I don'y want to in the shredder they go. Mailers do work or they wouldn't be sending them to you. I just gave the NRA some money and upgraded to a Patron Membership. Real men just shred the stuff and carry on. its the Easy button with no fuss or muss.

Why not just take half the money you donate and shred it instead? Does about as much good as sending out junk mail to people who already are donating. Better yet send some extra money on my behalf and let them know to now send all my donation requests to you. You don't seem to mind and have money to spare. Why should I increase my donations just to shred more junk mail, block phone and email spam and avoid people coming to my door? They get huge amounts of money and paychecks and get little to nothing done, in my opinion. Same as our government. Another huge hole we throw money into and get little in return, on the whole.

Show me some results and maybe, just maybe I will donate more. Like approve suppressors and refund my tax stamps. Make constitutional carry the law of the land, anywhere, open or concealed, as long as you are allowed to own a weapon, any weapon. Felons in possession of a gun, life in prison. Felons using a gun in a felony where someone is injured or killed, death penalty. I am all for everything legal as long as you aren't hurting, maiming or killing someone else doing it. I don't care if you own a .50, howitzer, M1A battle tank or a F-18 as long as you aren't hurting others with it.

Top Bottom