• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    My Weber Genesis is nearly 20 years old.

I’m pretty lazy about putting the cover back on. We use it 2-3 times a week.

I did have to replace the grates a few years back, I put in a new ignitor at the same time. I may have to replace the burner.

All this time, and the body has never warped. The finish has never dulled or chipped.

I’m still happy with it, plan to have it for a long time to come.

PS - if ya ever need to order parts, the 1-800 number is pretty fantastic. I called on a Saturday, and got a nice lady with a midwestern accent.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    My Weber Genesis is around 7 years old. I've only needed to replace the battery holder for the ignitor after a battery leaked. It cleans up nicely. No comparison between the Weber and the cheap steel grills. And being able to get parts 20 years later is a huge plus.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I've had to put new burners and tents in my Genesis, after about 7'ish years of frequent use. Mine have the stainless grates (well worth the extra money), I clean those a few times a year with oven cleaner and the pressure washer. No joke, I lay them against the iron fence and blast away. Sure beats scrubbing. Otherwise it's just basic clean it out when needed and keep on grillin'

rexster314

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    I bought this one after a lot of stop and go searching. It was originally sold through Costco. I found a NIB one at a resale store back in August. My 12 year old Jenn-Air 75000 btu grill was so far gone I would have spent as much money fixing it back up as I did for this new one and this one is an 88000 btu rated.
    Made by the same company that made my old Jenn-Air, it's a well thought out design. My old rotisserie works on this one as well.
    MG_0577_1.jpg

Top Bottom