• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    Thought you guys might get a kick out of this. like I did. I had a friend give me a bunch of reloading stuff of his dad's after he passed. I'm doing some reloading for him, but he had no use for all that stuff...
    I was re-arranging some of it today, tidying up my reloading bench, and noticed this on one of the boxes of primers.... yep, the good old days....

primer price.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Thought you guys might get a kick out of this. like I did. I had a friend give me a bunch of reloading stuff of his dad's after he passed. I'm doing some reloading for him, but he had no use for all that stuff...
    I was re-arranging some of it today, tidying up my reloading bench, and noticed this on one of the boxes of primers.... yep, the good old days....

View attachment 376052
    I used to buy a brick of primers for $10.00
    Powder was about the same per lb.

I SMDH at today's prices.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Old days? I remember my grandfather taking me to "his" favorite gun shop when I was about 10 or so...they had an old wooden water barrel i.side stuffed full of trapdoor rifles. Marked "$5.00 each" I told Papa I had $5 in my pocket...he said..." you don't want that old junk"... now I have 3... cost a little more than $5 each though...

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Primers at $10.00-$12.00 a thousand. What a deal! 1970 minimum wage was $1.60 an hour, though. Student minimum then was $1.36 an hour. So, $10.00/1000 wasn't such a great deal after all...

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    Grandpa, Dad, Uncle story. WWII Grandpa was a driver in the ETO, jeep, truck, tank retriever, all over Europe. He was often one of the first guys in bringing in supplies to newly captured areas. He often got to pick through the captured weapons before they were destroyed, and he could send anything he wanted home as long as it fit in a box so big. He told me that he even got to walk through a factory making Lugar pistols and that he picked a new one right off the production line. My Dad and Uncle being around 12-14 or so then would sit on the porch and open up these packages and reassemble the arms and trophies that were sent home. Swords with gold filled engravings, helmets, canteens, penet flags that would be on the front of staff cars, uniforms, and guns lots of guns. Pistols, rifles, drillings, and as the story goes even an MP-40, I asked dad once before he passed where it ended up and he told me he thought Grandpa gave it to his brother dad's Uncle Ed, it is the one I never saw.
    Well the war ends and Grandpa comes home and Grandma gets to stay home and not work in the uniform factory any more. And then boys being boys one day my father had enough of his older brother's bullying and decides to take a sword to him, chasing him through the house and around the yard. Grandma decides enough of this and the next day set out all that old junk grandpa sent home for the trash man, I'm sure he thought it was a holiday. Grandpa comes home from work to find his war treasures have been thrown away, my understanding is that Grandma was granted a second life cause Grandpa was ready to take the first one. I'm sure her saving grace was that she didn't throw away any of the firearms, if she had I probably would have had to visit Grandpa in prison...

Top Bottom