APOD Firearms

Government incompetence. Share your story.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    People will never be perfect. Still, striving for excellence and trying to pay attention go a long way. I’m curious to what dumb bullshit you folks have delt with that was completely unnecessary?

Here’s my recent experience:

My home sold in Oregon in August of 2018. Possession of the home transferred quickly. I had the dmv input the address I would be staying at in Texas. I moved to Texas in September. Before leaving I also used the post office to forward mail. Once in Texas I got my dl in the legal time frame Texas wishes it done. It’s logical to assume my surrendered Oregon dl made its way back to Oregon.

After being a legal resident of Texas now, I find that the county in Oregon I lived at, still managed to summon me for jury duty. This mail not being forwarded but sent from them directly to a Texas address. Thus showing they did pull the information from the Oregon dmv and still sent it.

I’m currently taking corrective action with the jury manager to prevent anymore retardation.

This gif best describes my expression getting the summons after a 14 hour day and looking forward at going home and just relaxing.

AB3FFCD0-2ABB-49FA-AA44-94A92520AE7A.gif
    Texas SOT

Attachments

• AB3FFCD0-2ABB-49FA-AA44-94A92520AE7A.gif
      AB3FFCD0-2ABB-49FA-AA44-94A92520AE7A.gif
      1.5 MB · Views: 613

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    People will never be perfect. Still, striving for excellence and trying to pay attention go a long way. I’m curious to what dumb bullshit you folks have delt with that was completely unnecessary?

Here’s my recent experience:

My home sold in Oregon in August of 2018. Possession of the home transferred quickly. I had the dmv input the address I would be staying at in Texas. I moved to Texas in September. Before leaving I also used the post office to forward mail. Once in Texas I got my dl in the legal time frame Texas wishes it done. It’s logical to assume my surrendered Oregon dl made its way back to Oregon.

After being a legal resident of Texas now, I find that the county in Oregon I lived at, still managed to summon me for jury duty. This mail not being forwarded but sent from them directly to a Texas address. Thus showing they did pull the information from the Oregon dmv and still sent it.

I’m currently taking corrective action with the jury manager to prevent anymore retardation.

This gif best describes my expression getting the summons after a 14 hour day and looking forward at going home and just relaxing.

View attachment 176292

Ummm... where do I start?
    tenor.gif

Attachments

• tenor.gif
      tenor.gif
      55.5 KB · Views: 600

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Wait. I have one:

Some years back I got a letter from the IRS about my previous years' filing. I got ONE DIGIT of my daughter's SSN wrong (typo). They presented easy choices for me: 1) check here and we'll back out the amount of the refund that having her as a dependent provided. And you won't have to deal with us further 2) Fill out these forms and wait 11 weeks and maybe you will get full credit.

So, I chose 2. The whole thing could have been resolved with a five minute phone call. But they give you an "easy" choice and a hard one. Hoping you will bag the whole thing. It did take close to 11 weeks, but I got the full refund I was entitled to.

- THE END -

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I'd been living Texas two years when I got parking tickets in Chicago on the care I sold when I moved here. Chicago also once gave my grandfather a parking ticket during the time they wintered in Florida. Chicago is a corrupt town going back to the roaring 20's. I believe it's always been under Devilcrap rule!

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I'd been living Texas two years when I got parking tickets in Chicago on the care I sold when I moved here. Chicago also once gave my grandfather a parking ticket during the time they wintered in Florida. Chicago is a corrupt town going back to the roaring 20's. I believe it's always been under Devilcrap rule!
    Wow.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    So it’s been resolved. The jury manager still wanted me to fill out my response form. I was polite and asked him despite informing the dmv of my move, why did this happen? he said it’s his job to look for out of state addresses because the system still mails to out of state addresses for the names of the previously summoned. No oops my bad or sorry.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs

I had some fun screwing with a particular Chicago bureaucrat when they did the same to me on a car I traded in when using CarMax in Houston. This was before it was customary to keep your license plates in Texas when selling a vehicle.

After giving me her full name and extension early on in the game, I called her each time I got a nasty fax (that's how long ago it was), just to "check on the Chicago weather" and to see if she had sent the Chicago PD down to Texas to arrest me yet, as she had repeatedly threatened to do, as I wanted to welcome them to Texas.

The faxes finally quit coming, and I got a letter saying the issue had been resolved.

That said, I'm staying out of Illinois just in case ...

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Yeah too many. I will say as you go up from city, county, state, and federal, they seem to get more stupid.

I had a terrible ordeal with the IRS over someone filing a false return using wife's SSN. It took 2.5 years to sort out despite basically filing the same return for 10years. They were all jack holes except for the very last person who took the time to explain why they messed up and she finally fixed it.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    There's plenty of options to choose from.

How about the time that my taxes got rejected for 6 months and they kept sending me letters about me not paying my taxes during alternate weeks of returning my taxes and check for something not matching their records.

They said my wife's name and SSN didn't match their records. She had to take her id, SSN, birth certificate, etc. to the social security office to prove who she was. They told her everything matched and they didn't know why the taxes were returned and to send them in again. Then they got returned again. Same process went on for 6 months. After the first few times she started asking to speak to someone higher up each time.

After 6 months she finally discovered that the government had 2 different computer programs they were now using. (windows had just come out and they were migrating to the new stuff). Turns out the old dos database had her first name, middle name, maiden name, and married name. The new program only had 3 slots. For some reason, they built 2 different databases. On one of them, her middle name was listed. On the other, her maiden name was listed as the middle name. The local SS office saw what matched her social security card. The tax office had the maiden name version.

We finally got the taxes filed and then I got to spend 3 months arguing about the penalty they wanted to charge for not accepting my check on time.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    There's plenty of options to choose from.

How about the time that my taxes got rejected for 6 months and they kept sending me letters about me not paying my taxes during alternate weeks of returning my taxes and check for something not matching their records.

They said my wife's name and SSN didn't match their records. She had to take her id, SSN, birth certificate, etc. to the social security office to prove who she was. They told her everything matched and they didn't know why the taxes were returned and to send them in again. Then they got returned again. Same process went on for 6 months. After the first few times she started asking to speak to someone higher up each time.

After 6 months she finally discovered that the government had 2 different computer programs they were now using. (windows had just come out and they were migrating to the new stuff). Turns out the old dos database had her first name, middle name, maiden name, and married name. The new program only had 3 slots. For some reason, they built 2 different databases. On one of them, her middle name was listed. On the other, her maiden name was listed as the middle name. The local SS office saw what matched her social security card. The tax office had the maiden name version.

We finally got the taxes filed and then I got to spend 3 months arguing about the penalty they wanted to charge for not accepting my check on time.
    Dude...lol

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    IFTA. Tried unsuccessfully to close my account for 6 months before I finally told them to get f'd. And no, I didn't owe anything. I repeatedly had to send in a zero balance statement that they never received by mail or fax.

Plus I hate the whole premise anyways. Another government policy that removes all Capitalism.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Used to work in the financial industry and every single time we had to deal with the SEC, whether regular audits or something else, it was a complete fucking shakedown. Could be clean as a whistle and they would find something, oftentimes manufactured or completely made up. And they were never shy about reminding you how they could put you out of business even though most of the auditors I dealt with were complete neophytes and maybe a year or two out of college, but on a rampage. Reminded me of a former IRS worker who told me one time how the more they collected, the more they made. Even if it wasn't owed. Fear was their biggest asset.

Customs.....don't get me started.

Honeymoon, we get searched (which they said is random, but would be quick) in Miami. But we had to wait so long for them to begin their quick search that we missed our connecting flight to Dallas, had to stay an extra night, which we had to pay for, and both missed getting back to work.

Last time the wife and I left the country, we were coming back through customs at DFW. Get to the line and there's at least 1K people in front of us and those on our flight, so probably 4-5 planeloads of people in line with the line snaked around and out the door.....with ZERO agents at their stations to process people. Asked a couple of people and they said it had been like that for at least an hour. It was literally standing still with not a thing happening. Finally after we'd been in line for a half hour or so, every single customs agent (8-10) came out to their post at the same time and began processing people through. Turns out they'd all been on their lunch break at the same time and let the line get so long that it took 5 hours for us to get processed. Had someone picking us up at 1:30 and finally texted them to forget it and we Uber'd home at after 6:00.

Always amazes me when people think the government and/or federal bureaucracy is the answer to anything. Corrupt, profitless, and inefficient.

Top Bottom