IMG_1552.jpeg
      203.8 KB · Views: 51

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Yeah - I bought Prime as well. Stung the hell out of my pocket book. It's been in the freezer a while. Price has gone up $1.00/lb since I bought it. It was hefty too - a 20 pounder!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I watched a youtube video where the guys cooker is a 55 gallon drum standing upright. his brisket video was very different he starts out not trimming anything off & it was a fatty brisket then he rubbed it down with lard. IIRC the titles said over a million likes. I watched the whole video & his brisket did look amazing.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I watched a youtube video where the guys cooker is a 55 gallon drum standing upright. his brisket video was very different he starts out not trimming anything off & it was a fatty brisket then he rubbed it down with lard. IIRC the titles said over a million likes. I watched the whole video & his brisket did look amazing.
    Can you dig up that link?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    briskets have gotten stupid expensive in the last few years!
    Remember when Blackened Redfish became the thang? They overfished redfish in Louisiana trying to keep up with demand. They damn near decimated the redfish. And the shysters just used plain old drum instead.

When briskets cost more then a top sirloin per pound, I'll just smoke a whole top butt and enjoy it more.

Ox Tails & Short Ribs are just another thing that are stupidly over priced. I was smoking whole beef plate ribs 30+ years ago, then some restaurant got rich & rich people got stupid. Then the price got inflated because of demand.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Remember when Blackened Redfish became the thang? They overfished redfish in Louisiana trying to keep up with demand. They damn near decimated the redfish. And the shysters just used plain old drum instead.

When briskets cost more then a top sirloin per pound, I'll just smoke a whole top butt and enjoy it more.

Ox Tails & Short Ribs are just another thing that are stupidly over priced. I was smoking whole beef plate ribs 30+ years ago, then some restaurant got rich & rich people got stupid. Then the price got inflated because of demand.
    Skirt Steak did the same thing when Fajitas went on every chain restraint's menu. We paid next to nothing at the mercado carne in the 70s and 80s

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Skirt Steak did the same thing when Fajitas went on every chain restraint's menu. We paid next to nothing at the mercado carne in the 70s and 80s
    Half the country ground them until then. Wonder what's next whole beef heads? I worked at a store in Missouri City, Texas and we got a beef head instead of beef back ribs by mistake. With inventory coming I wrapped it priced it & put it out, then it sold. I'm talking with a huge gross profit. So we ordered more & they sold.

Right before Halloween Karen see it in the freezer case & contacts corporate saying it demonic. Corporate says full it I said we need the gross profit it generates, because the hood rats were stealing us blind. Next thing I know my ass gets called into the office to talk about it. I told them I know who buys them & if y'all disallow beef heads I'll have the Mexicans buying them screaming about racial injustice. Needless to say I made a name with corporate, and it wasn't a nice one.

LL_Spartan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2023
    Houston
    In my area its birria. Every place around here has found some way to incorporate it into their menu. It went from being a delicious low cost food to a pricey trend in the blink of an eye.

Top Bottom