• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I have tinnitus in both ears, TMJ that was aggravated from flight and associated pressures and issues with both knees, all recorded. I've been told several times to start my claim, can't bring myself to do it. I'm able bodied and don't feel disabled, why pay me disablement money.

Because when you went into the military. They gave you a physical. From that moment you were considered brand new government property. Not as a human but as an equipment asset.

The government used your body as equipment. The ware and tear you experienced is all documented. Your military service took away things you'd otherwise would be enjoying. Like good hearing and better knees.

You're now wore out equipment. If you rented a car and took it back after driving it over 500 miles of the nastiest road. The rental place is going to demand you pay for the excess ware and damage.

The exact same things you should asking the government to pay for on you. It's nothing personal. It's equipment evaluation. Your a used rental car that the government drove.

You need to file a claim.
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I know I posted this in the general thread, but I wanted to bring some personal closure to the thread I started for anyone tracking.

I started this thread on June 3rd, which is also about when I reached out to them.

June 28th, I saw the examiner.

July 27th, a decision had been met and my rating increased.

Dude - those Vet Comp and Pen guys are legit. I'll gladly pay up for this. When I used TVC, I had a 15 month wait.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Oh, this just gets better. Last spring I got ahold of the DAV trying to get help with my percentage increase and getting my Sleep Apnea added. I've heard nothing back from them. I'm just opening my mail right now and I see not only an application for the DAV, but a notification letting me know what changes the VA has made for my disability rating. Where were they when I needed help getting the increase???

I didn't get full out permanent (fortunately), but I didn't do too bad either.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Now...

No property tax.

Free Super Combo hunting licence. All the tags plus crap you've never seen.

Dental.

If you didn't have them before. DV license plate if you want it. I think it's $5(?). I haven't renewed mine and the camaro and bike wear regular plates. Sometimes it's nice for people not to know by seeing your plate.

Free driver license. Collect them all. Use them for a family album.

Out of all them. The biggy is exempt from property tax. You can't lose your home in case you can't afford the tax. Cities will HATE you but it's state law.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Hold up. Different rules between the too.

It's gotta be service connected on state stuff. You're not exempt from the tax. No dental. I'm not entirely certain. The books the VA passes out has the rules on how it all works.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    The first claim I used the DAV Rep. The Second Claim I did myself and just handed the entire package to the Texas Commission guy at the local VA. It was approved in about 5 months.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Now...

No property tax.

Free Super Combo hunting licence. All the tags plus crap you've never seen.

Dental.

If you didn't have them before. DV license plate if you want it. I think it's $5(?). I haven't renewed mine and the camaro and bike wear regular plates. Sometimes it's nice for people not to know by seeing your plate.

Free driver license. Collect them all. Use them for a family album.

Out of all them. The biggy is exempt from property tax. You can't lose your home in case you can't afford the tax. Cities will HATE you but it's state law.

Plus whatever fees your county might charge. In my county I paid $10.00

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom