• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ExpensiveHobbies

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2015
    I have a new G17 upper with an RMR cut that I plan to run a red dot on (my first standard pistol upper w a RDS).

Which Trijicon RMR model and illumination does everyone like/recommend? I am just dabbling but might use it for competition use at some point (USPSA, 3 Gun unlimited, etc.).
    Hurley's Gold

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    RM06, 3.5moa. I built a lot of guns that is what I have on my own G19...G17...G34...

I buy and sell pretty much everything, but that is the best "slide ride" hard use sight I have found as of yet.

ExpensiveHobbies

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2015
    RM06, 3.5moa. I built a lot of guns that is what I have on my own G19...G17...G34...

I buy and sell pretty much everything, but that is the best "slide ride" hard use sight I have found as of yet.

TY, glad to know I'm on the right path.

I just ordered this one on Cabelas. Looks like they bought all the Type 1/older inventory and are blowing them out. $330 shipped (+ tax) if anyone else needs a deal!

ExpensiveHobbies

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2015
    What is battery life with these?
    Can batteries be replaced without removing RDS?

TIA

Have to remove to change battery, but I've heard it isn't too much drama if the slide milling is done right where it goes back in at similar position (making zero easier).

Average life is 2 years from what I've read. I'll prob use till it's dead since mine will be a range toy, but for EDC most change battery at 1 year intervals "just in case".

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I have been changing mine every year. The downside is that you have to take the sight off to swap batteries. The upside is...co-witnessed iron sights make rezeroing rather simple.

Much like Aimpoint, it is rather nice to just leave a dot on for a year at a time (and expect it to be there when you pick up the gun). Alas, CMore, you used to be cool :)

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas

Any insight on what not to get?

Any Vortex, Burris, Leupold, etc. failures worth mentioning?

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Vortex's warranty is great...but buy two, so you can have one that works when the broken one is off being repaired or replaced. Rinse, repeat ;)

Burris are fine for range toys; I have them on competition guns and full auto stuff. They stand up to gunfire just fine, but are not as good at being knocked around.

Leupold makes very nice red dots too; much like CMore, they are great for fun guns but are don't seem as...robust...under hard use.

If there is anything better than a RMR 06, I have not found it in the last 13 months since this thread was started. Just put a RMR06v2 on a 5" STI 2011 build last week :)

Alex

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom