• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I just recently learned about this pistol. Whet back a few pages and did not see a posting about this pistol. I have not seen one in real life, just on the internet.
    Anyone have first hand experience with this pistol?
    What are your impressions?
    I am interested in the narrow single stack grip comfort.
    Hurley's Gold

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I don't think its a true single stack, since the rounds stagger a bit.

I personally didn't feel much more comfort in the grip vs any other gen 4 or 5 glock, however the recoil was more noticeable.

I can carry a 19X/17 just fine, and I'll actually shoot those at the range

TexasGunAdmirer

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    Just West of Fort Worth
    I really like my G48. The slimmer grip feels really nice in my hand. Think of it as a thin G19. Recoil is less snappy than a G43 maybe a little more than a G19. Doesn’t bother me at all. Mine has been totally reliable with a variety of ammo.

img_2778-2-100.jpg

Attachments

• img_2778-2-100.jpg
      img_2778-2-100.jpg
      57.3 KB · Views: 827

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Not sure if that would sell.
    The 48 was made for those who wanted something a little larger than the 43 to carry on their person. Why would anyone want to have a mag that was an inch or so longer on a carry pistol?
    Reviews I read say the 48 has more recoil than the 19, but a little less than the 43. I don't think it would be a fun gun to shoot all day at the range.
    Kinda like a S&W M29 44 mag. Great gun, for six to ten rounds!

Last edited:

TexasGunAdmirer

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    Just West of Fort Worth
    The rumored 15 round magazine for the 48 and 43x fits flush in the Magwell like a factory mag. The recoil of the 48 is still 9mm mild and nowhere near a .44 mag. You could shoot it all day long if you put a bandaid on the tip of your finger and could afford the ammo.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Have you done any internet research on this pistol?
    Several videos and articles I have seen/read say the 48 is a not a fun range gun.
    I did not intend to compare the recoil of a Model 29 to the recoil of a model 48. My intent was to show both are fun to shoot, but not all day.
    The 48 is a self defense pistol. Having a history with Glock products, I am sure it will to a damn good job of what it was designed for.
    The attached Shieldarms.com video shows a mag that has a big extended box at the end of the mag. If they stay with that concept, I doubt they will sell many to people who will carry this pistol.

TexasGunAdmirer

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    Just West of Fort Worth
    I own the Glock 48 and have reviewed it. The recoil is typical 9mm - perhaps a little more than a Glock 19 or 17 but not unpleasant at all. Many probably will not notice a difference. I guess it depends on a person's recoil sensitivity. The only unpleasant part of the pistol, to me, is the serrated trigger that makes a finger sore in time.

What I’ve read is the 15 round mag, if it ever materializes, will be metal and flush fit. The experiments I've seen have been magazines adapted from other manufacturers' pistols.

Update: The product description says it will be the same length as the 10rd magazine. Evidently, the magazine in the picture is not the prototype G48 magazine but another magazine with their magazine extension installed.

Last edited:

impactbumper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 19, 2017
    San Antonio
    48 is ideal for slave states where you can't have more than 10 rd capacity. If i am forced to carry 10 rd mags i rather carry this vs a g19.

Now, if you are thinking about thinner carry gun in TX, look at the g43x. It really shoots just like the 48x, ever so slightly snappier but more manageable than regular g43.

I personally shot both of them but decided against purchasing one as i can easily carry and conceal a g19. If i want something smaller i would do either a g26 or g43, most likely a g26

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasGunAdmirer

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    Just West of Fort Worth
    48 is ideal for slave states where you can't have more than 10 rd capacity. If i am forced to carry 10 rd mags i rather carry this vs a g19.

Now, if you are thinking about thinner carry gun in TX, look at the g43x. It really shoots just like the 48x, ever so slightly snappier but more manageable than regular g43.

I personally shot both of them but decided against purchasing one as i can easily carry and conceal a g19. If i want something smaller i would do either a g26 or g43, most likely a g26

I agree with your points. I prefer to carry the slimmer G48 or G43 in my situation. The difference in weight and width is significant to me. Don’t get me wrong, I still love my G19.4.

If standard capacity magazines are ever outlawed again, God forbid, I want a 10rd mag designed for 10rds rather than a neutered 15rd mag. The 10rd G19 mags were not as reliable.

I have medium-large hands but really like the slimmer grip size of the G48. To me it’s just right.

If the G48 ever comes out with the black slide, people will buy them like crazy and it will be a best seller in time. In my opinion, it’s the perfect size for the 9mm caliber and general use.

Last edited:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I like the concept of the G43X/G48. I like it so much that I traded off my G17 for a Kahr CW9 with extended 8rd mags.....and I don't even have to replace the sights or adapt to the trigger dingus.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Why not just quit f-ing around and get a G19?

Of course, I don't want a slimmer grip (even though my hands are average to a little smaller than average size) and a little less weight is traded off for greater recoil, nah, not for me......

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    The 48 is available with a black slide already. Look around on the internet and you can find them.

I have five G19 pistols. The latest is a G19 Gen 5. I also have a G43. It is very snappy at the range.
    I hate the 2x4 block frame that Glock uses on their pistols. It is very uncomfortable to shoot plus the trigger guard digs into my knuckle when I shoot the damn things. I have a Gen 3 19 that I have done a lot of work on. I had the frame re sculptured, trigger work done, florescent front sight installed, and a KKM target barrel installed. Finally I have a Glock I can shoot and be accurate with.

I was at a local gun store this weekend. They had a 48 and a 43X. I was not overly awed by either pistol. The extended slide on the 48 is kind of odd. Why extend the slide 1" in length and still use the standard 43 recoil spring assembly. Cost was probably the driving factor.

TexasGunAdmirer

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    Just West of Fort Worth
    The G48 and G43x are not available in a black factory finish yet. The ones available in black now have been refinished for or by the retailer.

The longer slide design of the G48 is similar to the G34 and G35 and G17. It allows the G48 to use the same frame as the G43x. Glock is smart to keep the number of parts and variations to a minimum.

TexasGunAdmirer

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    Just West of Fort Worth
    I'd buy one of the mags fit in the 43. Glock dropped the ball with that one.

If Glock 43 mags were to work in the G48, the mags and grip on the G48 would have to be longer to hold 10 rounds. Better yet, Glock should come out with a new edition of the G43 frame that can hold 7-8 round mags and also use the G43X and G48 mags. While they are at it, Glock should make the ejection improvements to the G43 that they designed in the 43x and 48.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    If Glock 43 mags were to work in the G48, the mags and grip on the G48 would have to be longer to hold 10 rounds. Better yet, Glock should come out with a new edition of the G43 frame that can hold 7-8 round mags and also use the G43X and G48 mags. While they are at it, Glock should make the ejection improvements to the G43 that they designed in the 43x and 48.

IMO they should have re-engineering the mags to hold more rounds like Sig did with the 365, and the 48 would be a 43 long slide. Oh well.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I have looked at the G48 recently. I plan to buy one. I don't want a small gun like the G43.

I saw a graphic with an overlay of the G19 with a G48 over it. The G48 seems to have the trigger slightly further to the rear.

The G48 feels great in the hand. Yesterday, I compared the G19x to the G48 again yesterday. I just don't like the G19x grip feel. While I will admit that the G48 is a large gun for just 10 rounds. With 11 total, I suppose that's not too bad.

I really like the version with the Ameriglo orange front sight.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom