• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    We as many other dealers have sold a ton of Glock 42's. Having the range on site, I have observed that the 42 is very susceptible to malfunctions if the shooter's grip is not solid and firm. I really try not to use the term limp wristing with customers and students, but it is what it is.....

Have not seen the same problems with folks shooting the 43....

Anyone noticed or have seen this on the range?
    Military Camp

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I did notice some malfunctions with my own, but not due to limp-wristing. Mine is even a later model with the updates, such as the re-profiled slide release lever for additional bullet nose clearance. With mine at least, what I found was that the gun appears to be particularly problematic with certain bullet/ogive shapes. If the bullet is very conical, such as with certain JHP's, or generally does not have as rounded of a profile, I've had a few failures to feed. Other than that, I haven't had any failures to eject with mine.

I'm not too sure if the 42/43 have the same inherent design issues but, all 9mm Glocks (and possibly other calibers) have relatively weak extraction and ejection to the point of being on the ragged edge of function. Most never realize it, as they seem to generally work most of the time. Looking at some high speed footage that's out there (there's a few vids on YouTube) really highlights the issue. In short, the bore axis is a bit too low in relation to the lowered ejection port sidewall. This, in conjunction with the ejector and angle of ejection, causes the shell to often slam into the ejection port sidewall. When this happens, it can cause a number of random effects. Most of the time, the brass just sort of dribbles out of the ejection port. Sometimes, it bounces back into the ejection port, causing a stovepipe. Also, another factor at play here is that there is a period of time during extraction where the extractor seems to lose some of it's grip on the rim, which I'm guessing could cause inconsistent ejector strikes.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom