Capitol Armory ad

"Girly-drinks" that taste good. Should I be embarrassed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Swamp water in a quart jar
    Jar full of ice
    3 second pour of Green Chartruse over ice
    2 second pour of Roses lime juice
    pinapple juice & stir

Green Chartruse aint for everybody! Fist you have to find it then it very expensive. Then the taste is at best aftershave as it's a botonical. Every women I ever drank it with I got naked with. A whole bottle of green 2 cans of pineapple juice & a standard bottle of Roses will do it for what always was a very enjoyable evening. And the next morning I was never hung over.

The cocktail with the chartruse, Luxardo, gin & lime juce is equal parts shaken over ice. You might not finish a double.

Seeing as getting good absinthes is a matter of smuggling save that drink for when your in Switzerland or France.

Try 1.5 parts gin, one part green chartreuse, 0.5 sweet vermouth and 0.5 dry vermouth. Garnish with a cinnamon stick you set on fire and quench in the drink.
    DK Firearms

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I like heavy craft beers like a nice Russian Imperial Stout.

I'm trying to loose a few pounds so I've, as a holistic health move, transitioned to hard liquor.

That's a beneficial shift, right?
    I tried the same thing with even more of a justification. I switched to Whisky from beer to lose a few pounds AND because the beer was causing frequent gout attacks.

The switch was purely motivated by a quest for better health!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2018
    US
    Drink what you like.
    I drink lots of different things, but my go to drinks are Michelob Ultra, Dos Equis, Miller Lite or
    Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, or
    Evan Williams mixed with 7 up or sprite.

The only liquor I will drink straight is Tequila . GOOD tequila. My favorites are

1. Number Juan or Regalo de Dios
    Same tequila just bottled under different names in US and Mexico

2. Don Julio

3. Herradura

I will drink high end expensive bourbon or scotch on the rocks with a splash of water.

I like Vodka and cranberry juice.

I love a bloody mary!!!!! When made right.

I like many wines, sweet and dry ones.
    Whites, reds, Moscato is excellent very sweet. Champagne is delicious but gives a terrible hangover.

Whiskey sours, old fashion, Manhattan,
    Are all good classic whiskey cocktails.

I make a drink I call a Manhattan Sour which is basically a blend of a whiskey sour and a Manhattan

But I will also drink what many call girly drinks

Margaritas, Daiquiris, coladas, ect...

Angry Orchard Hard cider is delicious!

I make homemade apple pie moonshine and it is always a hit, even with people I have served it to that do not drink liquor.

I will drink a dirty vodka martini,which is basically olive brine and vodka lots of olive juice.

Probably the most refreshing drink ever after a hot day is a Michelada. Again there are many recipes, but I mostly just mix one of the beers I listed above or other Mexican beer with Clamato picante, squeeze of lime or lemon, with a few drops of hot sauce, and sometimes a few shots of Campbells tomato juice to make it a little thicker. But beer and clamato picante are good.

I started drinking bourbon mixed with topo Chico and a squeeze of lime, and making a few vodka/juice drinks topped with topo chico but it kinda ruined one of my favorite hangover cures which is TOPO CHICO.
    It just made me feel like I was still drinking when I woke up, so I quit mixing it. Too bad though , because it was awesome .

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I will drink a screwdriver or a mango daiquiri and not give a damn who sees me drink it though, that stuff is good!

Other than some Ales, I can't stand the taste of beer. Tastes like water downed horse piss.

Poured myself a screwdriver on a connecting flight (Dubai to Houston) back from Pakistan a few years back.

It was 9 AM when my flight took off, and we were soaring over the mountains of Iran. I had a pretty disgusting throat pain whenever I swallowed food or drink, but the vodka helped kill whatever it was back there just long enough for me to finish my bland airplane breakfast without it hurting too bad.

At first I was unsure if drinking at 9 AM was acceptable in the beginning hours of a 14 hour flight, but minutes after I broke the perceived barrier, many of the Arabs on that plane felt comfortable enough to start ordering their own drinks too. Plus, free drinks are free drinks.

+1 on beer tasting gross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I tried to have a bottle picked up by one of my employees for another birthday. She couldn't remember Green Chartruse & thought I said something gin. Ended up with a bottle go Bobmay Saphire. Yellow aint as potent as green. The birthday bottle was meant for the employee & her new boyfriend!

True, green is definitely my favorite of the two but I’ll take what I can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    I tried the same thing with even more of a justification. I switched to Whisky from beer to lose a few pounds AND because the beer was causing frequent gout attacks.

The switch was purely motivated by a quest for better health!
    I have the same issue with beer and gout. Moved to hooch and wine a few years back and now it’s a turned into a problem child too. I have all kinds of nice meds to keep the beast under control lol

Top Bottom