Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    A new laundromat just opened near me in a strip center where I occasionally get gas. I couldn't resist walking in and having a look around.

The place is gorgeous - huge, well-equipped, clean, really spacious. There are 40 washers and 38 dryers.

It has 6 parking spaces.

When they get the parking lot finished, two of those spaces will be for handicapped parking.

Since I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I talked to the attendant. She said that the entire center was available for parking so if you want to piss off the other businesses and lug your laundry a long way, maybe another 10 spaces might be available.

However, that's far from obvious. According to the attendant, on their first weekend open, cars were double-parked and tempers got very short. I imagine that once people realize the business is there, the local constables will be kept busy keeping people from fighting over parking.

I know this thread is useless but I just can't resist commenting on the ability of people to spend a great deal of money to start a business yet overlook something so basic.

Anybody know of similar failures to pay attention to details? Anecdotes are encouraged.
    Gun Zone Deals

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Maybe it's part of the green new deal. It dissuades people from driving themselves. Uber and Lyft friendly.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I experienced a similar situation a few years back. I ran/owned a kayak fishing tournament for a few years, Lone Star Kayak Series... we had 4 events per year. I always knew we could average 70-90 anglers so planned locations for weigh ins that could hold that many anglers. The 1st year the most we had were 60 anglers at one event. By the 4th year I grew it to 176 anglers at one event... it is the largest kayak series event in Texas to this day. I was thinking we'd go from big event previous year of 90 anglers to ...maybe 120 or so. I had 3 days to prepare for the extra 50 anglers. I pulled it together really well for only having a few days to plan. I ended up getting golf carts & side by sides to shuttle anglers & their fish to the weigh in.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom