• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Four coyote attacks on humans in five weeks.
    https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Warning-From-Frisco-Police-About-Aggressive-Coyote-501499771.html
    b690dce94c1cff38afa786de17eaf20a.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Wow. Had not heard that. A couple mountain lions have been spotted north of 380 near a couple new neighborhoods.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Yep, a 200 lb mature male hit and killed by a car in Palo Pinto County this past Spring.
    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/animals/2018/03/03/mountain-lion-north-texas-officials-mean-find

A couple years ago, a guy caught a mountain lion on a trail camera at his deer feeder. This was southeast Oklahoma, just across the Red River - 90 miles from Dallas. They’re in the area.

Probably six or seven years ago, there were multiple reports (half dozen or so) of people seeing a mountain lion in Frisco/Allen/McKinney area. Wildlife folks said it was just a big Bobcat - but one guy (with his wife) saw it and insisted it was a mountain lion. He was adamant about what he saw - said he was a hunter and that he knew the damn difference between a mountain lion and a bobcat!

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    The area where that happened is close to where I lived before moving further north. It was coyote convention behind my house almost nightly. My dog wouldn't even step off the front porch after dusk. Never felt safe walking there at dusk or night unless I was carrying.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    The area where that happened is close to where I lived before moving further north. It was coyote convention behind my house almost nightly. My dog wouldn't even step off the front porch after dusk. Never felt safe walking there at dusk or night unless I was carrying.

I have seen them in my front yard near George Bush Hwy. They run through the sewer systems and snatch unsuspecting kitty cats and small dogs. Several poodle, weiner dog types have been grabbed. They hop back down in the sewer drains before anything can be done.

Of course, the people who have their critters snatched want them dead. And the animal rights people always suggest ways for us all to live together. Long as Fifi is running loose, they will have something to eat.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    If it wasn't for Fiffi and Mr Mittens, there'd still be plenty of rats. And of course the homeless.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    If it wasn't for Fiffi and Mr Mittens, there'd still be plenty of rats. And of course the homeless.

On the cats, I can agree with it. Though I held a mini-war against them when they setup up a brothel in my boat.

Fifi? Nah. She's just crapping in people yards and making the big dogs bark. She would probably run from a rat. Though my Pomeranian did kill a couple squirrels. Man that little turd was fast.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    On the cats, I can agree with it. Though I held a mini-war against them when they setup up a brothel in my boat.

Fifi? Nah. She's just crapping in people yards and making the big dogs bark. She would probably run from a rat. Though my Pomeranian did kill a couple squirrels. Man that little turd was fast.

You read me wrong. I meant "if it wasn't for strays or outside pets providing coyote fodder..."

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Right and these same folk declare veg eating the only way to go and you, you awful animal killer should see the light.

These same folk feed their protein eater pets veggies.

However, if the shtf they would probably make fine table fare given their diet and all.......

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    can you shoot at them if you get attacked or see them around your yard within Frisco city limits???
    "Dear Mr Smith, you stood your ground and eliminated a vicious animal and safeguarded fellow residents. Despite these Noble actions, you still violated municipal law and discharged a firearm within city limits. Please sign this $300 ticket."

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Top Bottom