• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    So, I just received notification that my Amazon package was "hand delivered" to resident.
    Well, must have been a resident of the wrong house.
    What do I do?
    Happens to me all the time. The post office leaves it on the front porch, then says it was handed off directly.
    Check your porch, if it's not there, wait a couple of days, then notify Amazon. They have always replaced my stuff that was lost or undelivered.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Well, crisis averted.
    Package was found in the back of my pickup truck.
    How this is considered hand delivered I'll never know.

Reminds me of the time a mail person set a package on the back of my Porsche in my garage, I was thrilled, lol.
    Last time, I waited a couple days and nothing. Drove down the street and found it sitting on the neighbors porch two houses down. Yeah, it had been there for two days. There was nobody home, so I just left with it.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Had the USPS leave a notice that “animal interference” was the reason a package was not delivered from amazon on a Sunday.

The only animals in my front yard are the neighbor’s chickens.

We were home all day, they just did not deliver it.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Had the USPS leave a notice that “animal interference” was the reason a package was not delivered from amazon on a Sunday.

Maybe the chickens attacked?

Z2RY.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown

Had that same sort of crap from USPS too. Claimed they were unable to access the property. I have no fence, dogs, or anything to prevent access. The next day it shows up on the porch.

Last edited:

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    USPS has a contract to deliver packages for Amazon, among others (FedEx SmartPost, UPS Mail Innovations, etc.). Their contracts state delivery must be made on schedule or they lose revenue. Thus, being a gov't agency, they take ... uh ... "liberties" with the delivery records to ensure they collect the max revenue possible.

In our neighborhood Amazon now has their own delivery fleet (subcontracted, Amazon Flex) but prior to that we had a massive problem with packages being marked delivered on-time but physically would arrive a day or two later. Thankfully that's no longer an issue.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Last time, I waited a couple days and nothing. Drove down the street and found it sitting on the neighbors porch two houses down. Yeah, it had been there for two days. There was nobody home, so I just left with it.
    Had the same thing happen . They had my package I had theirs just did a switcherooo

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Don't use Prime all that much in Houston, but do use Amazon a lot in Hot Springs, AR, for purchase and delivery due to local retailer management woes.

Either it's the 'mid-America' location, or the prevalent "just-in-time" inventory systems have yet to be dumbed down enough for the average retail store manager.

Lake house, being in a steep, narrow valley/cove means no antennae reception.

But do have reasonably priced broadband Internet, so streaming Prime Video and YouTube TV, over a Roku box, makes that $129/ year Prime subscription pay for itself, versus a cable network subscription.

Actually, first time the promise of "cord cutting" has been a reality. Now, if the cable networks will cut back on commercials, now approaching almost 40% of an hour long show.

What you make on the bananas, you lose on the grapes ...

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I have it. I make use of Unlimited Reading. I read over 100 books last year which would cost you $800 to $1000 dollars buying the paperbacks. Plus Music and Prime Video. You can share the Prime benefits with up to four family members. The yearly fee comes to about $10.75 a month. It pays for itself in my house and has saved me money on books, videos, and music. I can understand if you don't need those benefits but they have saved me thousands of dollars. Also if Prime fails to deliver your packages on time you can call customer service and get Prime extensions for no charge.

Coop's Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    I was looking for a part for our washing machine and there were three places that had it, all on the east coast and costing $50 plus shipping. I checked on Amazon and there was one vendor who had it for $15 plus $5 for same day delivery. I thought "yeah; right" but figured if $5 got it here the next day I'd be happy.

I ordered it at 1PM and got notification that it'd been delivered at 6PM. I got home from work and was pleased to see that it was an OEM part. Fixed and done.

Prime is worth it AFAIC.

gshayd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Yeah, they normally show a picture of the front door, but since it was "hand delivered", no picture.
    Sure nice of one of my neighbors to accept my package.

I've contacted one place, this is their response,

"If you just got the notification give it a little bit of time. I see a lot of times that they delivery driver accidentally scans the wrong package and it causes a situation like this. They usually will usually deliver the same day. I don't know this to be the case but 80% of the time that is how it works. If it doesn't show up today please let me know and I will get you taken care of."
    That has happened to me it shows as delivered made a call and sure enough it showed up the next day.

gshayd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    So, got another "hand delivered to resident" notification again.
    Found it in the mailbox.

:50cal:
    So did the USPS Deliver it? They do that to me every once in a while show it as delivered and I call them. . I have USPS Informed Delivery on my phone so I can check on packages. The informed delivery also lets me choose some options on where to put the package.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    So did the USPS Deliver it? They do that to me every once in a while show it as delivered and I call them. . I have USPS Informed Delivery on my phone so I can check on packages. The informed delivery also lets me choose some options on where to put the package.

No.

I have informed delivery as well.

Top Bottom