• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    At a pawn shop a couple of days ago and found one on the shelf. It was an older model that looked to be in pretty good condition. Price tag said $799 and I thought, nice but too much. For grins, I asked the clerk what's their best price. He came back with a price that was $200 less. Would you have bought?
    Target Sports

Last edited:

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    B&B Pawn and Gun in Abilene had a new one for less than that a couple weeks ago. I almost talked another member here into buying it.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    From my understanding, the JM marked rifles were made before the Remington take over, and have a better quality build than new ones. If that's the case, I think $599 was a decent price.

ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    From my understanding, the JM marked rifles were made before the Remington take over, and have a better quality build than new ones. If that's the case, I think $599 was a decent price.

It had rifle sights and not the hooded front sight. Also, I don't think it had the cross-bolt safety.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I would probably grab it if it were a Ballard rifling style barrel. If it were a Micro-Groove barrel probably not.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    You’re correct about the JM and Remington, but they’ve been working the bugs out for a couple years now. There are certain models they have figured out, and others they still aren’t there yet. I actually own 2 of the Remlins, and if you carefully inspect them prior to purchase and make sure the furniture matches up the way you want, you’ll be OK.

It had rifle sights and not the hooded front sight. Also, I don't think it had the cross-bolt safety.

The cross bolt safety came about long before Remington ever got involved, and not all models currently produced have the hooded front sight.

bluzman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2015
    North Texas
    At a pawn shop a couple of days ago and found one on the shelf. It was an older model that looked to be in pretty good condition. Price tag said $799 and I thought, nice but too much. For grins, I asked the clerk what's their best price. He came back with a price that was $200 less. Would you have bought?
    Hell, yeah, I'd have bought it. Here's mine built it in 1996 - JM stamped but with cross bolt safety. I'll tell all y'all that I paid more than $799 but I have no regrets. :cool:

3HmSxsQh.jpg

CXmUawih.jpg

HxQfA1lh.jpg

yoa2fMoh.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member