• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Ok, I've been playing this for a while now, and it's a fun mod to goof off with friends. You can tone down the "simulator" aspects, which is good because they can cut very deep (you try working throttle, prop pitch, supercharger and fuel trims on a multi-engine plane you've never been instructed on... in the middle of combat. Hell no.). The UP mod adds some sounds and a ton of aircraft.

The easiest way my friends and I have found to link up is with Tunngle, a network program.

You've got everything from biplanes like the Gladiator, Swordfish and I-15 up to jets like the F-86 and MiG-19. You also get cool crap like an atomic loadout on the B29 and tac nuke for the A-1 Skyraider.

You can't hang a toilet from a Skyraider's pylon, though. Kind of a bummer...

The map we use most is a bunch of islands, and you can spawn ships in (Soviet frigates). Torpedo runs are fun.

If you're interested, let me know. I'll make you work way to hard to shoot me down in a little B239 (Finnish export version of the Brewster F2A; the Marines called it the Flying Coffin), even if you've got an Me262. If you don't... I might just take you down instead!
    DK Firearms

JimmyGreen

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Beeville, Tx
    I spent MANY hours playing this game, although I've never heard of the UP Mod. I would start with the very first campaign in the USAAC and fly all the way through until the last mission. The ending would suck though as it seemed rather, um....plain.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I spent MANY hours playing this game, although I've never heard of the UP Mod. I would start with the very first campaign in the USAAC and fly all the way through until the last mission. The ending would suck though as it seemed rather, um....plain.

If you Google "UP mod il2" you'll find it. I think there's a certain way to install it, with updating IL2 before you do, but I can't remember how it goes.

I don't think it adds any new campaigns; seems like it's meant more for versus play online.

Where do I DL. Will this work on my basic not nodded computer?

You can buy IL2 through Steam if you want. It's a bit of an older game, so it runs great on most computers. You will need a decent joystick, and the learning curve is steep. Even in "dumbed down" mode, takeoffs and landings are fairly tough.

LOL I love how the thread dies as soon as the Muslim asks where he can get the flight sim.

Jk lol

Hmm, on second thought, I'm going to forward this to the DHS. :p

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I've played enough X-plane 9 on my android phone to know what to do
    tongue.png

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've played enough X-plane 9 on my android phone to know what to do :p

Hahahaha. Okay... And when that fails, I have a licensed pilot that can actually teach you what you're doing.

He's a better pilot than I am overall, but I can usually shoot him down because my tactics are better.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Just got done with a session. Bf110 vs Mosquito? Bring it on, I will down this flying couch!

Bf110 vs Spitfire? No chance, but did some damage while I was getting shot down. Had a little better luck taking a P40 against a later Zero. Turned one into confetti (head-on pass - bad idea from the Zero point of view, the plane passed me in three large and many much smaller pieces). The rematch didn't go so well for me, though...

Top Bottom