• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Some Hornady is loaded hot too, I use those and Sig's loads for the commercial stuff that is relatively easy to get without needing to go online. I love my G20, I'll be getting a G40 this year to go with it to keep it company. The G20 became my carry and despite me loving 1911s, to include my 10mm RIA, The Glock holds more ammo and shoots better, at least for me. If you are just messing around at the range, getting some paper time in, any 10mm load will do. If you want to carry it though, I'd shoot about 250 rounds of 10mm loaded to actual specs and not closer to .40.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    When I bought my first 10mm, a S&W 1006, I bought a few different 50rd boxes off the shelf.
    I went to an outdoor range and it just so happened a guy had a chronograph set up.
    I shot the 10mm and compared it to my carry
    G23 velocities. Some of the .40S&W were faster than the 10mm.

ETA: Of course this was before I ever heard of Underwood and other full power ammo.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    As far as sales go your safest bet is to list it for sale here and as long as the buyer has been around a while or has a large post count you should be good to go as far as worrying about getting robbed.

As others have said its as simple as show the gun to buyer he hands over the cash and you both walk away happy. Other than that you can add all the complications you want to it but be clear with the buyer before you meet what you expect as far as seeing ID or asking for a worthless bill of sale or wanting to take down his info, take pictures of there ID,last 3 jobs, full detailed driving record,blood,urine and stool samples.

Toolfreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2016
    Allen Texas
    Assuming this is directed at me; transactions took place outside of our vehicles for the whole world to see. I personally asked to see LTC (no bill of sale), but that's up to you.
    I was asking you and thank you for the answer, I will have my son with me when I sell and we will both be armed!

KeepNCool

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2019
    Dallas
    Shot a glock 10mm and I own a colt delta elite, a ria 1911 double stack and a springfield armory 6 in. long slide (my favorite) and would take any of my 1911's over the glock.

TexasGunAdmirer

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    Just West of Fort Worth
    I have a G20SF and the stock trigger is the best of the Glocks I own. I added Glock night sights and a 5” KKM barrel. Putting a light on the rail makes for a comforting handgun while hog hunting at night.

I load my own 10mm ammo but like Sig 10mm practice ammo and JHP. It’s nearly full powered and often found at a reasonable price.

I also have a Kimber 10mm that is fun to shoot and extremely accurate. The G20 handles the recoil better.

My G20SF has taken a hog and a couple of turkeys. The Kimber has also taken a couple of hogs.

I had a G29 and liked it, but you lose velocity with the shorter barrel. I want the 10mm velocity so I want a longer barrel. It was a fun and scrappy little handgun to shoot. The Pearce grip extensions are nice and helpful on the G29.

Shooting 10mms puts a smile on my face.

I purchasased a handgun from a fellow TGT member this past week in the Cabela’s parking lot in Allen. I’ve bought and sold guns privately over the years and never felt uncomfortable meeting the person. I’ve met some friendly normal people and had good conversations. I ask the other party to show a Texas LTC or DL and I show mine.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom