• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    So first time I got something other then SilencerCo products, and here’s my story.

Dead Air Odessa9. I purchased last year, like 13 months to get stamp. Purchased from Silencer Shop and picked up from my local FFL.

When i got the call my stamp had come in I was pretty excited to say the least, as everyone is, and every time i go through this process. I went to the FFL, picked it up and brought it home.

Went to put it together, and if you don’t know it’s like a Legos Can, can stack baffle on baffle for how long you want it. So it’s different then my others and I’m reading directions to put it together. I must have taken the box it came in part several times because there was no buffer retainer. They left out a pretty important part. So I called FFL, they didn’t see it there and hadn’t looked at it until I got there. This was a weekend, so emailed Silencer Shop and Dead Air. Silencer Shop said they don’t even open them just send them on their way, which I would think they would verify the SN. Dead Air took until Monday to get back to me. I had to send the whole thing back to get the retainer. So they sent me a fedEx shipping label, normal FedEx not the fancy shipping. So I get it sent off Tuesday, and it’s supposed to be delivered Friday, but they put a stop on it until the next Monday. So they get it Monday and I expect a quick turn around but I don’t hear anything. So on Wednesday I email them asking about it, and they reply with that it’s heading back to me.

Open it up and it was as it should have been, all there.

The suppressor is cool, already tried it out, and it’s sweet. I’m very happy with it. It’s great on pistols and I don’t have to have suppressor sights to see over it.

Customer service for Dead Air, not really impressed, thing I’ll go elsewhere next time. How do you leave out a part like that first off? I would have liked them to send me overnight shipping labels. I’m not huge on free stuff, but really, nothing? Not even a sticker with a post it saying sorry we messed up? A follow up email, how’d it turn out? For me customer service is huge, and especially at 1k$ a pop.

Again, the suppressor is pretty sweet. It comes in a real nice hard pelican like case. Well done with that.
    Target Sports

Top Bottom