• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flyingswords

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Smiths Station AL
    I moved from TX to AL a few months ago and got married there. I forgot my password to my google account that my TGT account was linked to. Just got it back recently

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Glad you got it sorted out.
    Losing Apple, Google, MSFT, Yahoo, and any eMail account passwords can $crew up your 21st century life.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Speaking of which, does anybody use any of the password storage software or devices? Are they safe?

I've been using RoboForm for about ten years and couldn't do without it. It syncs to all my devices regardless of OS, and I have well over 100 accounts, all with different passwords.

That said, there are quite a few password manager options out there, so check around for something that fits your situation. Get one that includes a "password generator" that will generate various strengths of passwords

Using a password manager stops one of the biggest security holes ... using the same password for more than one site.

Using one in conjunction with '2 factor authentication', as well as 'Alerts' from places like your bank and credit card accounts is about the best you can do for account security today.

One of the most important things you want to protect with all the above is your eMail account ... that one account can be the keys to your kingdom for a hacker.

A passwords manager also makes it easier to change passwords often ... particularly on financial accounts.

ETA:
    Wanted to add that I also use a YubiKey device for a few years for sites like DropBox and EverNote.

While it's very secure, it's quite a bit more fussy and not used by all that many run-of-the-mill sites that require logins, but it requires no passwords.

Last edited:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I use an Excel spread sheet. Update it once or twice a year and print it out. 3 pages worth. :)
    Yeah, that is what I am currently doing. Keep it in my safe deposit box. But it is a pain to get, especially if you need it now on a Saturday night when the bank is closed.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Thumb drive, hermetically sealed in a mayonnaise jar under Funk and Wagnall's front porch.
    Ok......I had to google Funk & wagnells
    Knew THAT was gonna happen. LOL@bozzzz....cant believe you said "Funk & Wagnalls".....hilarious.

My mom had me a set of Encyclopedia Britannica and a set of Funk & Wagnalls.

Internet of the 60's and 70's.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Knew THAT was gonna happen. LOL@bozzzz....cant believe you said "Funk & Wagnalls".....hilarious.

My mom had me a set of Encyclopedia Britannica and a set of Funk & Wagnalls.

Internet of the 60's and 70's.

We had the Encyclopedia Britannica Jr. set, circa 1948. Spent many hours, before I could even read, looking through them. We still had them when I graduated high school and I think I even used them a few times for homework.

Top Bottom