• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    Got a C&R guy in Alabama that wants to buy my svt. Ive never shipped a rifle so its gonna be ffl to ffl if Im gonna do it.

1. Does the buyer send the money to me, then I head to my ffl to ship it off or does the money go to my ffl?

2. Anything special I or the buyer needs to do?

3. Any ups or downs to doing this?
    DK Firearms

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    You are the seller so you call the shots. I would talk to your FFL guy & see what he is going to charge. Between both FFL the fees could queer the deal. Myself I would add the FFL fee into the S&H of the deal unless you are making a killing as is. I'd want money up front & would not ship until the money clears. I would also keep good communications with buyer though the process. Did you offer a 3 day inspection? Safest way to ship is USPS register mail.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    How is he paying? Check, money order, other?

Maybe someone here that knows better might want to chime in on the do's and don'ts on different ways to pay.

I like postal money orders personally, but for the amount I'm thinking you are getting for this gun and depending upon your Post Office, you might have trouble cashing it over the counter as I always have with them prior to shipping. You might still be able to verify the money order is legit through the PO before depositing it into your bank.

I'm not trying to make you paranoid, it's just you hear about so many scams with fake checks, money orders and pay pal scams these days, it's kind of killed it for me to accept something that I can't turn into cash immediately before shipping. Again, perhaps someone her more knowledgeable could opine their two cents.

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    You can lawfully ship it directly to his FFL via USPS Registered Mail (Insured) or common carrier (UPS, FedEx, et al.). Keep the tracking number.
    Get a USPS Money Order and verify its authenticity and status on the USPS web site. Cash it at the post office.
    Once you have your money, ship the gun.

Do NOT accept PayPal - buyer can claim you defrauded him and you'll lose the money and the gun).
    Do NOT accept a personal check (they can be faked).
    Do NOT accept any money orders other than USPS (they can be faked).
    Do NOT accept a 'bank check' or 'certified check' (they can be faked).
    Do NOT accept gold or silver bullion (too difficult to authenticate).

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    There is always Western Union for payment in cash. Fast and they pay cash. Every time i have had a PO money order they never have the funds to pay. But if fraud is involved the PO will go after them. But WU is cash and no chance for fraud as it is in your hands in cash when you go to pick it up. Many HEB's have one.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Why are you using FFL (01 or 02) to ship C&R (FFL03) rifle to FFL03 holder?

You just box it up and ship the rifle to the FFL03 buyer. USPS will ship rifles and shotguns. (Handgun rules get technical with USPS)
    Have the FFL03 holder send the money and a COPY of the FFL03.
    You can only ship to the address on the FFL03.

UPS and FEDEX have rules so you need to find out what they are.

I live in a rural area so we don't have UPS or FEDEX shipping locations local.

I always ship my long arms via USPS that is 3 miles away.

bob

Top Bottom