Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It’s a cautionary note for cop haters who are under the mistaken impression they can refuse to identify themselves to the police. It seems pretty simple.

Why is it that refusing to ID when not legally required puts someone in the category of “cop hater”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    All of you filthy serfs need to just shut your pieholes and sniff the badges of your betters until you get an approving pat on the head.

Now, pick up that can.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    One more time BW - If one is simply walking down a street, having broken no law, American citizens are not required by any law to I.D. just because L.E. says they do..... They are 'not' 'required' by law to immediately produce their 'papers' to satisfy L.E. as a matter of course.....

I know you disagree, but you're in the wrong.

Speak with a good criminal lawyer if you are sincerely interested in learning that you've been mislead by your trainers.

We still live in a 'free' country, not totalitarian yet or marshal law, even if aoc and her ilk insist we're heading that way......

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Sounds lucrative. Let us know how it works out. The lawyers around here demand front money unless it’s a personal injury ambulance chaser. The last time I was intent to sue a police dept the lawyer said he needed 10 k upfront..and that was 20 years ago. On a crappy cop salary I just couldn’t afford it. Bet it’s higher than that now.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    In a bit different line but kind of the same situation, in a town in Washington state they decided they would start a program where they would pull over drivers and give out good driving citations. Now people weren't really fooled by this, and they were sued. Needless to say that didn't last long.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    “exigent circumstances” can mean whatever you want it to, eh?

Using it is often a corrupt exercise to throw weight around.

Good for a snicker and a 'boy, you inna heap a trouble' statement said by the mirrored shaded, paunchy corrupt cop.

Does doing such a thing ever remind you of others who were only 'following orders'?

Trumped up phony excuses to pretend a stop is legitimate (when it isn't) and I.D. isn't what good L.E. does.

Corrupt ones pull out that card when they've no pc, it's disgusting when it's done when it shouldn't be......

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I would check to see how much the fancy lawyer and or the bail bondsman is going to charge to get a person out of jail. If it’s affordable then by all means give it a try while getting the quotes see if the lawyer ever heard the term “exigent circumstances.”
    https://www.upcounsel.com/legal-def-exigent-circumstances

That link is irrelevant to anything being discussed here. Not sure why you posted it.

Me walking down a sidewalk isn’t “exigent circumstance”.

I’m beginning to think you may have worked for a very corrupt department. Did your efforts as LE concentrate on low income citizens in order to lesson the probability of them being able to defend against civil rights violations?

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Heard about that. I thought it was an effort to improve the PR of the cops. Didn’t realize it was a scheme to catch bad guys.lol. Around here some rich folks and/or neighborhood groups hire off duty cops to set up roadblocks around Christmas to stop all the traffic and give gifts to the kids and cards to the adults. They had one set up in front of Pat Summeralls house in Souhlake a few years back. One of my old pals got caught up in it. He thought it was a roadside breathalyzer operation and he was chugging on his Budweiser. It scared the sheet out of him and spilled beer all his car trying to hide it. He say he would like to kick old Summerralls rectum over that.even though him and Mama got nice cards.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    That link is irrelevant to anything being discussed here. Not sure why you posted it.

Me walking down a sidewalk isn’t “exigent circumstance”.

I’m beginning to think you may have worked for a very corrupt department. Did your efforts as LE concentrate on low income citizens in order to lesson the probability of them being able to defend against civil rights violations?

I’m beginning to think if this place don’t have a twit filter it sure needs one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom